H&K Picture Thread

Definitely didn't feel any different than shiny ABS to me. I used to have one of the old GWS xm8 kits from years back and it just reminded me of it, hence why I never took the plunge for the SRC one.

Could very well just be how its constructed but it didn't give me the same impression of rigidity that G36's and tavor's did.

Not trying to disprove anymore, simply sharing my own experiences. 

You probably had a version 1 or 2 xm8. I have V3 and a GWS kit. the difference is immense.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, finally got this project finished. Far more work than I might have hoped for but I have learnt some things for next time(!).  

My VFC MP5K with SP89 handguard and VFC MP5 with an K grip adapter.  

LCT HK21 conversion

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought an Umarex HK417 and now Im looking for a rear sling attachment plate. Since the back of the body is different from that of M4/416/etc. i assume one of those would look funnt. Any suggestions?

Also, is there a barrel extension that I can screw on the shorter barrel I have, like many M4s come with now? I want it to llok like this (I think this belongs to a member here), but be able to go back to short without disassembling the whole thing.

20121211.jpg

Edited by chas
  • Like 2

VFC sell a rear sling plate for the 417 which is wider because of the fatter stock tube. A VFC 416 barrel extension might fit onto the 417 to give the longer look.

Crusader also sell a HK417 Rear sling plate. There is also a barrel extension from Crusader too I think. Though any barrel extension will work. I used a spare length from an FCC PTW multi length barrel on mine!

Thanks for the info!

Isnt a 416 (5.56 mm) thinner, though? Doesnt it look weird?

I just found the Crusader barrel extension. According to EHA, it has an outer diameter of 15mm, while my 417 barrel has a diameter of 18mm.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/crusader-m653-4-5-inch-steel-barrel-extension-14mm-ccw.html#.U_xf4GOwCpo

Edited by chas

Thats because thats a barrel extension for an M653 not a HK417.. The FCC barrel extension was the same as the little 1inch extension thats on there originally. Which as far as I am aware is the same as the HK416. You'll be fine with any extension to be honest mate. Just take the little extension that it comes with off and then you're good to go right flush to the gas block! 

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a Mk23, would have been the best pistol I've ever owned if it weren't for the fact that spare parts are very difficult to come by. I sold it to find a replacement which had all the features such as upgrade ability, picatinny rail, SA & DA and plentiful resources for spares.

Here's to making you jealous :-P

77e67d9ca982edee19df4f97290e688d_zps398c

• Like 2