H&K Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, finally got this project finished. Far more work than I might have hoped for but I have learnt some things for next time(!).  

My VFC MP5K with SP89 handguard and VFC MP5 with an K grip adapter.  

LCT HK21 conversion

Posted Images

This is interesting! Unfortunately Arnie's permanently broken search means I'm having difficulty turning up any information on that, especially since Hissing_Sid appears to have been banned from Arnie's some six years ago now. Did he post about it in a review, technical or picture thread, do you happen to know?

I'd say there was a 50/50 chance it was posted or mentioned in IRC, I remember he did try the metal slide on the TM Mk23 and I know it was a pre-S7 KSC Mk23 with aftermarket slide as it was well before KWA started selling them with the upgrade to NS2 so I certainly wouldn't assume that the newer slides would fit if the old one did.

Ideally you'll have a friend with a KSC/KWA Mk23 of any era who'd be willing to try swapping it to confirm it fits or not, but I'd guess that's not the case and given the cost of aftermarket Mk23 slides I wouldn't risk buying one on the chance it does fit myself.

Ideally you'll have a friend with a KSC/KWA Mk23 of any era who'd be willing to try swapping it to confirm it fits or not

That sounds like the best course of action. This being the HK picture thread, does anyone have a KSC/KWA Mk.23-compatible slide knocking around and a Marui to try it on?

Hissing_Sid was a very vocal opponent of Cakegate. The instigator of Cakegate owned the servers Arnies was hosted on...

This is one of those explanations that serves only to deepen the mystery.

This is one of those explanations that serves only to deepen the mystery.

Ha ha.  Yeah.  Sorry.  Please see this post I made the other day that covers it.

TL:DR In the light of the impending VCRB possibly ending airsoft for us in the UK, some guy ( I want to say someone to do with Ivory music) wanted us to raise a load of money (£3K rings a bell) to send gun shaped cakes to various MPs to help sway their stance on the change of the law.  I believe his wife ran the cake company.  It had it's detractors and Hissing Sid was a casualty on the anti side.

• Like 1

Hmm, a quick question, anyone know a good MOLLE mag pouch to hold G3 magazines? Preferably available in OD?

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/762308doublemagpouch.aspx http://www.tacticaltailor.com/762308singlemagpouch.aspx either of those the single mag pouch is a bit tight but the double is adjustable both are availiable in OD.

Ah, missed the edit time window and my steel pistol thread has long been archived.. 

I don't think I'm even going to try to find a holster, it's either going to be an adjustable fabric one, or it'd have to be a custom made Kydex holster (probably with G-Code RTI plate).

For those who are interested, thanks to TM's larger cylinder in their new guns, the steel build required very little upgrade, I had to use a cut Guarder 1911 recoil spring as not many after market parts exist yet, but it works pretty incredible! 

• Like 3

In short, no.

Long answer, Hissing_Sid tried a metal slide (probably SD) from his pre-S7 era KSC Mk23 on his TM Mk23 and from what I recall it did fit, not sure if there were any fitment issues with the internals but it's your best bet I'd say.

The clone Mk23 fixed slide/NBB is all plastic much like the TM, although the quality always left a lot to be desired even when compared to the TM which isn't exactly amazing.

Actually iSoft made a metal slide non blowback MK23. IF you can find one it's a straight transfer.

Ah, missed the edit time window and my steel pistol thread has long been archived.. 

I don't think I'm even going to try to find a holster, it's either going to be an adjustable fabric one, or it'd have to be a custom made Kydex holster (probably with G-Code RTI plate).

For those who are interested, thanks to TM's larger cylinder in their new guns, the steel build required very little upgrade, I had to use a cut Guarder 1911 recoil spring as not many after market parts exist yet, but it works pretty incredible! 

That looks amazing actually...

• 2 weeks later...