H&K Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, finally got this project finished. Far more work than I might have hoped for but I have learnt some things for next time(!).  

My VFC MP5K with SP89 handguard and VFC MP5 with an K grip adapter.  

LCT HK21 conversion

Posted Images

Yeah, that's what I thought...
I understand that they would have to redesign the gearbox/motor interface to correct the angle, and make it more authentic. But I guess they didn't want to bother, unlike VFC.

Speeking of which, have you had a chance to compare it to a VFC HK417 aeg, Pkekyo?

Yes the gearbox was redesigned for the VFC V2 HK416 (i think) and the HK417. It is a 3 piece gearbox technically which has a different slanting bottom of the gearbox shell to allow for the more vertical grip. As far as I'm aware you can't put a HK417/HK416 grip onto a regular AEG gearbox. I tried putting the grip from my HK417 onto my fusion engine, wouldnt work. The VFC gearbox in the HK417 is called a Version 2.2 gearbox. 

See picture below I've taken from Bingo airsoft works. Fusion Engine on the right is standard V2 spec and the VFC 2.2 on the left has a shallower angle and is completely different to allow it to split into parts. 

P1060521.jpg

Watch Video for disassembly

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 3

Yeah I know.. sorry that post wasnt aimed at you, you were correct. Was more for Agent Hunk and Horsem4n. 

I think the reason TM didn't redesign their gearbox was to keep the actual EBB gearbox the same for compatibility with the current EBB gearbox. 

I got that DeltaZero. No worries! ;)

I believe you are right about the EBB compatibility. But I guess it's not that big of a change either. It would just need to be the angle of the bottom. The rest needn't change, I think.

Maybe they thought no one would notice, I don't know. Either way, it's not that big of a problem (it doesn't even qualify as a problem). But some people are nick-picking  :P

As long as it performs good! Which I'm sure it does, since it's TM.

Speeking of which, have you had a chance to compare it to a VFC HK417 aeg, Pkekyo?

Friend of mine says the TM is well above and beyond the VFC in terms of externals. And internals are obviously far superior, having had magical TM fairy dust sprinkled in the gearbox before closing it up.

• Like 1

The 416 gearbox is a standard v2 and the grip from it is compatible with other airsoft ARs.

The 417 is different as you've shown. Its like a longer version of the XCR gearbox.

If you guys want, ill take pics the next time I take one apart. I have a local guy that wants to P* his 416c soon.

Edited by Horsem4n

Friend of mine says the TM is well above and beyond the VFC in terms of externals. And internals are obviously far superior, having had magical TM fairy dust sprinkled in the gearbox before closing it up.

Internally there's no question about it! But if that is so on the outside, that is something, as the VFC was praised for it's looks and build quality.

I must have my wires crossed then. But I'm pretty sure I've read in multipul places that the 416 has two versions, one with a regular V2 which came originally and then an updated version with V2.2 gearbox and the battlegrip. 

nah. i have fixed and modified dozens and they are still popular. a local competitor sells them quite often and i know that the newest models haven't changed at all from the oldest.

now, its not a model that im personally interested in and i do not look up news about it. 100% of my knowledge with VFC and Umarex HK416s is first hand.

Damn you Marui, stop making great replicas of pistol that fit my hands well.

PTDC0024_zpsf55068f4.jpg

Got it last week, been too busy thinking of buying a grey suit and white shirt (I know that was for a USP.45 but this thing is not a 'box in your hand' as a USP.45).

'FireKnife'

• Like 3