Tanaka Kar.98k with scope

Tanaka works Kar.98k with Tanaka works replica ZF41.

I think it is the best gas powered bolt action airsoft rifle ever made.

Cocking bolt feels very realistic, and muzzle velocity is amazing.

Also, very accurate. I can hit a cola can from 20m distance without any optional parts.

But, this gun made of zinc alloy, so it wears out and that is very annoying for this kind of lovely gun.

I strongly recommend this rifle for collectors.

c0120981_4d722d463c472.jpg

c0120981_4d723ed941335.jpg

c0120981_4d722d3dcbf6e.jpg

Edited by volante

K.a/

Yes. internal zinc sear is also very weak.

but that's fine because it does not be seen from outside.

But... what i mean 'wear out' is a problem of receiver and bolt.

c0120981_4d7255e0a51b9.jpg

When i cocking this gun, a bolt and a receiver would scratch each other badly.

Red marked place is where hard friction occur.

And if you tune this gun with harder hammer spring, edge of receiver will be squashed.

Edited by volante

G&G already made tanaka m700's reinforced copy. G96.

G96 has steel bolt, steel sear, reinforced magazine, aluminium milled chassis, and FRP stock side. even that good, G96 is half price of zinc made Tanaka AICS.

I think G98k will be same as G96.

steel bolt, steel sear, aluminium receiver, wood stock.

it will be fantastic,.

• 4 months later...

Hi volante!

I see you are the happy owner of this gorgeous ;) , so i thought you could help with my problem about Tanaka's Kar98K's. Could you tell me your oppinion about which kar98k model from Tanaka is better?

- Mountaineer Kar98k is A LOT cheaper, but has shorter barrel ( also maybe has the adjustable gas valve? ), Tanaka Kar98k G - version has longer barrel and it looks original ( Price over 700 dollars).

- Thank you

- Pryok Poroh

Does any1 know that is it possible to fit a real kar98k scope into tanaka Kar98k?

Ps. Blablabla, I meant that does the barrels length affect much between those 2 models? I did some research and found out that VSR-10's barrel is shorter than G33/40's ( 3 cm ) and still you can hit targets easily from 150 ft. away with it so i bet mountaineer version is as accurate as its longer brother :)

Yes it's possible to fit a real scope, there is a mount that comes with the Tanaka Kar98K,

I don't know for sure what type of scope though, maybe zf41,

You should ask on a more WOII orientated forum perhaps ?

Sure I think the difference between the barrels and related accuracy between the two models is minimal, if you fit aftermarket parts to it, then the difference is almost negligible.

At www.gasguns.com is a great topic on Tanaka with people that know a great deal on their rifles

• 4 weeks later...

Does any1 know that is it possible to fit a real kar98k scope into tanaka Kar98k?

Ps. Blablabla, I meant that does the barrels length affect much between those 2 models? I did some research and found out that VSR-10's barrel is shorter than G33/40's ( 3 cm ) and still you can hit targets easily from 150 ft. away with it so i bet mountaineer version is as accurate as its longer brother smile.gif

It's kind of a late reply, but maybe still relevant to you. :)

The effect barrel length has on accuracy is negligible. If both barrels are manufactured with the same consistency of inner diameter, which I assume they are, since they're from the same retailer, I doubt there will be a noticable difference in accuracy between the regular K98k and the mountaineer carbine.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the wear on those aforementioned bolt-parts. I've used my Tanaka K98k in alot of games as a primary and the bolt cycles and locks into place like it should after years of using it.

If the power limits on your playing fields allow it, I would get the version with the old gas system though. The newer G-system can be regulated, but in my (strictly subjective and personal) experience I've found that the original system is more stable, reliable and will take any gas you'll throw at it.

Edited by Hetzer
  • 10 months later...

ive been using mine for 3 years now, on green gas. 504 fps @ -1 degree C .25bb

magazine was in my pocket for 5 mins before chrono

bolt and reciver show signs of wear , but nothing to cause the gun to fail.

ive got slight distortion on the back of the bolt from ramming the bolt forwards too hard in a firefight, you dont need much force to cock it at all really

a great gun