Lees Precision Engineering Carbon Fibre Supressor

Now this is probably the first review I've ever written so go easy on me if you feel its not well written.

I've tried the G&G SS80 and as you may have seen it posted in the picture threads but a AAC repro Scar flash hider and supressor. Now I knew the AAC one wouldn't cycle but the G&G SS80 was purchased as it was advertised as "light weight". Lets just say that didn't work either and in the end the thread adapter got stuck so it became slightly useless. When I saw that there was a carbon fibre supressor in the works from LPE I emailed and asked if it would be possible to get one for reviewing purposes, I received a sample of a LPE -14mm suppressor for testing purposes a few months back and I feel the testing has been complete and thorough.

So lets get one with this

Packaging

The supressor came posted in a normal jiffy bag which is more than enough really given. Onto the actual outer boxing of the supressor

2011-01-12%2013.44.20.jpg

2011-01-12%2013.45.14.jpg

As you can see from the photo the box is nice, simple and clean. It is also clearly marked with the the details of the supressor which you'll be receiving.

Now onto the inside of the box

IMGP0171.JPG

IMGP0172.JPG

As you can see the supressor is nicely held in place with foam so it safe during shipping.

The actual item

2011-01-12%2013.49.17.jpg

Ok lets get down to the nitty gritty. I took this out of the box and I tell you I was suprised about how light it actually was. This thing weighs 32g which is insane, it weighs less than the flash hider on my Masada. The carbon fibre has a nice matte finish to it unlike some of the carbon fibre cans I've seen out there. Unlike most airsoft supressors this one comes with three foam inserts which make up the baffles, the foam itself is quite stiff. The allignment of the foam is quite good so I dont expect BBs to be striking it (what happened with the G&G SS80) Another nice feature is that the threads of the adapter is an actualy alu insert. This is to make the can lighter but to retain strength.

IMGP0176.JPG

Glock + supressor pics

2011-01-12%2013.49.59.jpg

2011-01-12%2013.50.29.jpg

2011-01-12%2013.51.01.jpg

2011-01-12%2013.51.34.jpg

Final thoughts

This item is it a well made and unique product on the airsoft market. As with most supressors on the market they're either to heavy or incorrectly advertised as being light weight but with this I can whole heartily say that it lives up to its claims. This supressor is always with me in my GP pouch for when I feel the need to just run around with the glock out.

Testing on this item is far from over and I'll be looking to getting some comparative videos of the supressor up against a King Arms light weight can and add it onto here after the event

Do these ship to the US, or within UK only?

Shipping to the US along with most other countries is available and as mentioned there is a version without any foam in along with foam filled, both are currently on offer at £40 and £45 respectivly, the shipping cost is calculated at the checkout based on the destination country selected although if you're outside of the UK and only buying one of these suppressors it will currently come in at £3 for a standard airmail service.