AK & Variants Picture Thread

any reason you didnt/couldnt weld it flush with the back of the receiver? it looks good, but i cant help it'd look more natural if it fitted flush.

I admit You're right, but the UBR stock is pretty heavy compared to the skeleton one and I got bored of wobbling so just weldered the m4 tube adapter to the receiver. I know it's pretty redneck style but the gun is rock solid now.

@ Agent47: why would it be easier to get a mostly pot metal x47 receiver than make an m4 tube adapter and mount it to a fullsteel kalash or any fullsteel ak? :)

Edited by skaos
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

I was just wondering if a regular AK receiver was compatible with the AKSU front end...

I don't have access to a machine shop or welding tools.

do you think an LCT X47 receiver for a Marui is pot metal???

Edited by Agent47

Can't you just get an X47 receiver and mate it with an AKSU front end to make a Magpul'd AKSU?

You could, however for us nit-picky ones it isn't accurate. BHI uses the VLTOR buffer tube adapter, while Haley uses an ACE pignose adapter. By all means you can use the X47 receiver.

I was just wondering if a regular AK receiver was compatible with the AKSU front end...

I don't have access to a machine shop or welding tools.

do you think an LCT X47 receiver for a Marui is pot metal???

Nope, the LCT is made of steel, but you can only attach a compatible aks74u front set to it. The aks74u is mostly made for the 5.45x39 but the x47 receiver is for the 7,62x39 calibers.

Here's my Mag-K work in progress. The black top receiver cover is only temporary as I'm working on another one to accommodate for the ACR charging handles. Purist look away.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/btho/magk/IMG_6413.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/btho/magk/IMG_6417.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/btho/magk/IMG_6418.jpg

God damn when you do something Noveske you bloody don't half do it right!

any chance of a parts list?

Edited by Warning

Crooked left/right up/down? You might be able to sort it out with a file on the high spots.

Crooked all over the damn place - there's no secure foothold for the whole thing at all.

His is a WIP, as is mine lol.

So I started off with a VFC AK104PMC which included the upper gas tube RIS and the buffer tube extention (saved me a lot of grief). Custom work and parts that's been done so far:

-Filled rear scope mount holes and also the dimples above the magwell on the receiver in order to more closely resemble the Saiga receiver

-Painted with Alumahyde II

-KA SAW Grip

-KA Extended Mag catch

-LCT AK RIS

-Magpul CTR Milspec

-Magpul AFG

-Surefire M300A Scoutlight with Gear Sector offset mount

-Docter Sight

-Dytac AAC 18T Blackout Flashider

-Beta Project Bulgarian polymer magazine

Still in the works:

-Custom Bolt carrier with Ambi-ACR charging handles

-Custom top receiver cover to accommodate ambi- charging handles

-MIAD conversion

-Magpul XTM rail covers

-Possibly different optic

This project is less about parts and more about the custom work which I've been having trouble finding time to do.:mellow: But I hope to complete her soon.

The rail is slightly shorter than the AFG but it will fit on although it feels a little odd with the gun being so short.

I tried mine on Bersy's ASK74U above but it doesn't really look that great to be honest.

Edited by -Drake-

Yup, stamped steel receiver. It's a hybrid VFC/LCT style design, the outer-barrel fits like an LCT (The hop-up unit is bolted to the OB) but the rest of it all fits like a VFC (Trunnion, gasblock and sights all pin-fitted). If you had a VFC barrel and the spring and spacer for the hop-up unit you could convert it easily to a full VFC style gun, but I like the solid interface with the gearbox this provides.