AK & Variants Picture Thread

Wow Nice Ak bombermonk, I just love those rs parts, even if they are not steel but you get my drift.

My first Ak! Great bargain from a mate, but finishes my soviet kit nicely- well the kit will never really be finshed as you can always add more!

Fisished in VDV style, the way an ak should be, I am one for wood on ak and none of this moderning (it not an m4 so why put on m4 parts!), but that is just my personal preferance.

Wow I need to change the date on my camera

PHOT0289.jpg

PHOT0290.jpg

Edited by flecktarnman
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Can't find VFC Ak-105 anywhere :(.

Now that I've the money the gun is nowhere to be found.

Have anyone tried ordering from VFC?

I also found this retailer, but I've never heard of them before:

http://www.armedforces.hk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=264&Itemid=93

The gun seems to be in stock there, although I haven't contact them yet.

One last little question, has anyone tried swapping the polymer stock with one of those triangular skeletonish stocks?

^except some minor details(which I personally find just slightly annoying but is not enough to be a huge turn-off).

I saw VFC AK105 for sale on Airsoftgi(they should ship to other countries) but it disappeared the next day...

Apparently VFC paused the production of AK for a while for some reason.

Edited by adadqgg

^except some minor details(which I personally find just slightly annoying but is not enough to be a huge turn-off).

I saw VFC AK105 for sale on Airsoftgi(they should ship to other countries) but it disappeared the next day...

Apparently VFC paused the production of AK for a while for some reason.

Airsoft GI ships to other countriesblink.gif? will check that

To be honest, I would buy an LCT Ak105 over a VFC, even if its not 100% accurate

EDIT: In their policy Airsoft GI says they only ship to USA and Canada

Edited by Isamu

Yeap, AirsoftGI does not ship to anywhere else but north america.

I might have to consider LCT, maybe even get the kit and then build the internals from scratch.

What are the differences between LCT Ak-105 and VFC's one? I won't ask which one is better 'cause that might end-up in an endless argument of preferences, but the objective pros and cons of each (disregarding the price).

• Like 1

What are the differences between LCT Ak-105 and VFC's one? I won't ask which one is better 'cause that might end-up in an endless argument of preferences, but the objective pros and cons of each (disregarding the price).

For me. VFC is more realistic

Pros:

everything comes apart in pins (no screws on the barrel)

takes rs parts

is made of nice steel (feels strong in your hands)

Cons:

For me personally it is only the internals

self shimming (that was stupid)

stock motor's for some reason have never worked out for me. 2nd time i had a burn out. But others have used them forever. hit miss i guess

plastic bushings

i have not owned a LCT. I have played with one and taken one apart. Too me it is not the same. It does have more options to change out parts ,but in the end vfc gets my money for the more realistic take down.

my 2 cents

Finally got an AK in my collection.. well since it's been so long why not get 2? One of these is a GNG AKMS and the other is a LCT AKMS 2009 conversion kit. Can you tell the difference?? :)

LCT is the top one - pinned gas block and the sight slidder will sit on the trunnion at ranges below 300m :)

Sometimes a light gun is better, for the maneubravility (did I spell it right?), fast target adquisition, putting it away when you need to draw your secondary... sometimes its just comfier to have a light gun :lol: Im personally in both departments, improving my body building and lightening not only my gun, but my gear.

BTW, very cool AK dfm56, although I would put a non railed lower handguard an an M4 flash hider

Or lift some weights ;) I've played some overnight games, running an m4 didnt bother me and Im no hulk

The main problem is that the rail system makes it a bit front heavy, even with the ACS stock. If it was more balanced I don't think I would mind it being heavy. It's a bit of a pain when you have to climb in windows and over walls all day, and it's not like I need most of the rails anyway. I think that PEQ is the first thing I've ever put on the side rails and I can always replace that with a small light/laser on the top rail with a dual pressure switch when I need it or want to show off in the parking lot or something.

I'll agree that bulking up a bit wouldn't hurt, though :D

BTW, very cool AK dfm56, although I would put a non railed lower handguard an an M4 flash hider

Thanks, I've been considering a surefire brake for a bit, but I just picked up that bulgy 4-piece and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I'll have to see how it looks without the rail system, though.

Also, speaking of heavy guns, I got tired of carrying the RPK around, so I'm butchering it into some sort of Saiga S308 monstrosity. I have some takeoff handguards and a gas tube on the way, shouldn't be too hard to fit based on some tinkering I did with the parts from my Saiga S223. All I need now is a few Uinta mag shells and floorplates and some time in the shop to cook up a UBR adapter. I'm thinking of just punching out the stock tang rivets and making a new tang that will be held in by screws and accept any AEG buffer tube. Without the bipod and handguards, it's pretty handy, and with the UBR to balance it out it should be a pretty comfortable gun.

Should be some good old fashioned DMR fun, hopefully it will come out looking like this;

http://uintaindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Uinta-Industries-Saiga-2.jpg

Edited by DFM56