AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Very nice Sigma, however I think your wood is not dirty / dusty enough. Did you use the Afghan and back thread for the dustyness?

I mean, pretty much -- that thread is a good guide to the same technique I've been using for a long long time. Guinness on here posted the first guide I remember seeing which was more or less the same.

The wood isn't dirty enough, you're right. So here's the story: some Somali kid finds it buried in the dirt, picks it up, takes it back to his uncle who puts new wood on it, ta-da! :)

The wood will get dirty with actual dirt soon enough, I'm sure.

Snigel, that thing is awesome.

• Like 1

kojak: That does look quite good actually, but I think you should get some other type of rail

What's wrong with TufForce (besides the silly name)? I admit that it's not nearly as pretty as an Ultimak, but being ugly is kind of a tactical AK's job. Seemed good for my security contractor impression.

Great looking Real Sword you've got there.

What's wrong with TufForce (besides the silly name)? I admit that it's not nearly as pretty as an Ultimak, but being ugly is kind of a tactical AK's job. Seemed good for my security contractor impression.

Great looking Real Sword you've got there.

I'm sure that it functions just fine, but as you said, it's ugly! :P

Permission to join the revolution Comrades!

TM AK102

No offense, but all comrades know that rails are counter-revolutionary and less rail is better.

Even though FSB uses some western optics/accesories, they keep the rail amount to a minimum(as much as they need, instead of having it all over the place and end up needing rail covers).

It would be acceptable for a FSB-job if the upper handguard is the regular smooth rail-less polymer one; however I doubt that any realsteel one can fit onto that TM.

Edited by adadqgg
  • Like 1

No offense, but all comrades know that rails are counter-revolutionary and less rail is better.

Even though FSB uses some western optics/accesories, they keep the rail amount to a minimum(as much as they need, instead of having it all over the place and end up needing rail covers).

It would be acceptable for a FSB-job if the upper handguard is the regular smooth rail-less polymer one; however I doubt that any realsteel one can fit onto that TM.

I quite like it actually, not overdone, not underdone. Welcome to the revolution, you are required now to sell all your armalites to fund more AK's!

Do you know anyone in the FSB? MVD? Let me tell you: They like putting accessories on their guns. The only thing keeping more soldiers from having more additions to their firearms is the limitation of their pocketbooks. If you have an aesthetic preference for an airsoft gun without accessories, that is your business.

Bladerunner168 never said he wanted to mimic a real Russian firearm.

• Like 2

As I have never used or even seen a VFC AK before, I can't comment on any comparisons.

What I can say about the TM AK102 is that the handguard is pants and feels like you can crush it with your bare hands.

Everything else is built to the standards of a TM SOPMOD EBB.

The recoil on this is just so much fun :clown:

However, I have been told by two TM AK102 owners that part of the recoil mechanism is likely to break (as it did for them) now leaving them with no EBB :bye2:

I just got two VFCs after getting one RS over a year ago. I was really disappointed about the overall quality of VFC AKs.

My VFC AK74M even lost a Fake Pin. The VFC AIMS Gastube isn't really much stable. There is alot of wooble on many parts.

When it's about AKs I can only recommend Real Sword or Dboys/Kalash. Kalash are VFC clones but they good for the money.

My RS 56-2 with Ultimak Parts & Eotech 552 D1. (No Donut dot!)

AK1fbdd7bf7JPG.jpgAK300d86813JPG.jpgAK21ebf5eb5JPG.jpg

Regards

orb

Without knowing RS I thought all my stuff would be stable... :bleh:

Both gastubes of my VFC (AK74M & AIMS) aren't one piece. They come in 3 pieces like on the old LCTs.

Even the Kalash AKs got the one piece gastube. Also the handguard isn't totally stable. But that can be easily fixed with tape inside.

But again I never got any of these problems on my RS 56-2.

Also the lever by the rearsight for releasing the gastube does wobble much on the VFC.

VFCs are even more expensive as RS. That's why I cannot recommend VFC at all.

Edited by oRb

Without knowing RS I thought all my stuff would be stable... :bleh:

Both gastubes of my VFC (AK74M & AIMS) aren't one piece. They come in 3 pieces like on the old LCTs.

Even the Kalash AKs got the one piece gastube. Also the handguard isn't totally stable. But that can be easily fixed with tape inside.

But again I never got any of these problems on my RS 56-2.

Also the lever by the rearsight for releasing the gastube does wobble much on the VFC.

VFCs are even more expensive as RS. That's why I cannot recommend VFC at all.

I was not saying that VFC is better. And I have RealSword.

The problem is that RealSword does NOT fit into very many loadouts.

Would you find a Soviet Afghanistan loadout with a Type 56? Most likely not.

And for more modern Russian loadouts, it is obvious.

Also, converting to Russian variant does not work.

Therefore, as a full-series of replicas that can fit into many loadouts...VFC is the best.

I was just touching all over my VFC, and the gas tube is not wobbly at all(I even tried to move it around...no movement).

Also, my gas tube on VFC is exactly like(in shape) the one on my two Dboys AKs-74... VFC may have changed their gastube design for some reason.

I <3 my RealSword and VFC equally.

Edited by adadqgg

I understand but for the price VFC is still out of shape, Buying a Dboys/Kalash full steel variant is much better for the money then buying a VFC.

Don't forget that VFC AKs all only come with 320FPS. So you need to buy atleast a stronger spring and another Piston/Piston Head.

Kalash comes with 400FPS out of the box.

(Can only speak about my Kalash AKSU)

Regards

orb

Up to this moment I only own one ak. The cyma cm.048 akm. I've had it for 2 years and never had a single missfire or fault with it. I've been running 11.1 V high output Lipo's mostly on semi due to the high fps. It was putting out above 440 fps with the stock spring. I installed a guarder m120 and it's been putting out 420 fps ever since. Everything else is left as it came from the manufacturer, and it just keep going. Best airsoft gun I've ever bought, no others come even close.