AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

All I did was chop the bolt spring about 1/4" at a time until the bolt would travel as far as I wanted it to. A downside to this is the shorter spring has less tension, meaning the dust cover can pop open more easily and the bolt has a little more play. I largely fixed this problem by stretching the spring out to nearly twice its normal length, but that's only a temporary solution.

Cutting the tab is not the solution. If you remove the spring, you'll notice the bolt will travel all the way back in the first place (how else would you be able to install it?). The bolt stops when the spring is completely compressed, so trimming the spring is the only good option I can think of.

Edited by SteevoLS

Steevols the real wood furniture looks amazing! Well worth the work.

And Noveske your attention to detail is wonderful! Love how the AK turned out! Really inspires me to hurry up and finish my AK projects :)

Also, side note; six months ago I had one AK. I now have six. Should I be worried? :unsure:

:D

Steevols the real wood furniture looks amazing! Well worth the work.

... now I have 6

Thanks! So far I've spent more time talking to other players about it in the parking lot than I've actually spent shooting it. :P

As far as AKs go, I wouldn't be too worried. I'm selling off most of my M4s/M16s/Mwhatevers (and that's a lot of guns!) and switching over to AK variants. I told myself I would just get one (last month), now I have 3.

Edited by SteevoLS

And Noveske your attention to detail is wonderful! Love how the AK turned out! Really inspires me to hurry up and finish my AK projects :)

Thanks! I personally am still a big AR fan (I like tacticool things) but I'm quite happy with how the Mag-K turned out. Although I don't like the weight balance and ergonomics of the AK (weight balance too heavy frontwards due to pistol grip too far back, and the Ultimak RIS didn't help either), she's still quite the beast. I really enjoyed working on this project and I'm inspired to build it again on a GBBR platform.

That said, I'm still waiting for pics of yours :)

yes, that you dont' have 7.... yet :P

If I can ever find a vfc style front end for my spare Dboys body then I would rectify that. ;) but they seem impossible to find and I haven't had any lucky trolling the classifieds yet... :(

Thanks! I personally am still a big AR fan (I like tacticool things) but I'm quite happy with how the Mag-K turned out. Although I don't like the weight balance and ergonomics of the AK (weight balance too heavy frontwards due to pistol grip too far back, and the Ultimak RIS didn't help either), she's still quite the beast. I really enjoyed working on this project and I'm inspired to build it again on a GBBR platform.

That said, I'm still waiting for pics of yours :)

Hahaha, fair enough. I was going to wait until I had some more parts in and had a little more progress but with parts coming in from like five different places across the US and Asia, that might be a while...

Stock form:

IMAG0116.jpg

Pimped out courtesy of Noveske:

2011-10-12100238.jpg

2011-10-12100300.jpg

I want to do my own interpretation of the MAG-K so it will be a little different from what has been previously seen I hope.

Base gun is a CYMA CM040D (full stock is in the parts bin)

Applied so far:

LCT Ultimak Rails

ICS solid bolt

AAC Blackout Flash hider (don't remember brand)

Element eMRDS

Magpul XTMs

Magpul ladder cover

On the way:

M4 stock adapter

more XTMs

KAC Handstop

Magpul RVG

Magpul MIAD grip*

Magpul UBR*

* I think I have found a way to accurately attach these two to the AK without it looking like a half-assed hack job. I don't want to play my hand too quickly here but I have high hopes.

And to all you purists out there that are tired of raped AKs, if I ever get my romy stock in the mail then I will proudly disply the pride of my heritage, my self built AIMs ^_^

• Like 1

If I can ever find a vfc style front end for my spare Dboys body then I would rectify that. ;) but they seem impossible to find and I haven't had any lucky trolling the classifieds yet... :(

Hahaha, fair enough. I was going to wait until I had some more parts in and had a little more progress but with parts coming in from like five different places across the US and Asia, that might be a while...

Stock form:

Pimped out courtesy of Noveske:

I want to do my own interpretation of the MAG-K so it will be a little different from what has been previously seen I hope.

Base gun is a CYMA CM040D (full stock is in the parts bin)

Applied so far:

LCT Ultimak Rails

ICS solid bolt

AAC Blackout Flash hider (don't remember brand)

Element eMRDS

Magpul XTMs

Magpul ladder cover

On the way:

M4 stock adapter

more XTMs

KAC Handstop

Magpul RVG

Magpul MIAD grip*

Magpul UBR*

* I think I have found a way to accurately attach these two to the AK without it looking like a half-assed hack job. I don't want to play my hand too quickly here but I have high hopes.

And to all you purists out there that are tired of raped AKs, if I ever get my romy stock in the mail then I will proudly disply the pride of my heritage, my self built AIMs ^_^

Yes! It's definately coming together! Looking most excellent! I'm also curious to your approach for the MIAD, AZN and I both failed at this. I found that the angle/placement of the motor&cage sits in the wrong place (if I remember, it's further back from the trigger guard than it should be).

I'm curious to see how you do the MIAD. I tried but kinda failed :(

EPIC FAILS hahaha

AK16f16b256JPG.jpg

246fdbb57JPG.jpg

18b4dcdbbJPG.jpg

Better Pics!

Specs:

Kalash AKS74U AEG (Full Steel) Based

5.45mm AKS-74U Flash Hider

Guarder Parts: AEG Tune-Up Spring - SP110 & Air Seal Nozzle for AK

MadBull Parts: 6.03mm Black Python Ver.2 Tight Bore Barrel (270mm) & X spacer

Prometheus Air Seal Chamber Packing (Soft Type)

Pro Win CNC Hop Up Chamber

Deep Fire Parts: Titanium Piston V.2 (Full Teeth) & Titanium Piston Head (w/ Super O Ring and Bearing Support & Bearing)

AirFET “AB Mosfet"