AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Well, all I really know is that I had to get my CYMA drum welded up to even have a chance of locking into the receiver. The magwell seemed a bit loose front to back on everything else I've tried as well, if you haven't noticed that on your than you're probably fine with just about anything.

^Been there, done that. Don't paint with the intention of having the paint wear off.

I ended up hating the ugly color of oxidized potmetal, so I re-painted (with rustoleum appliance epoxy) and baked in oven for 30minutes at 450 degrees Farenheit.

Which also happened to match the color/shininess of VFC AK finishes pretty closely.

Edited by adadqgg

I have a question for any ICS ak users. Are ICS parts compatible with any other manufactures? I ask as i have damaged the reciever on mine and need a replacement but cannot find them in any of the usual places. (wgc/uncompany/ehobby/cobra) and really dont look forward to the prospect of my rifle turning into a wall hanger. So does anyone know if any of ak receiver would work?

Edited by Jon L

Thanks for the heads up. In the interest of the female half of this household, wouldn't that smell rather atrocious?

Well, I have baked AK quite a lot more times than I have baked cookies.

And the oven does not really smell bad.

It is only slightly irritating in the first hour of baking (because everywhere in the kitchen smelled like what you would smell if your nose is within 1cm distance of the rifle after painting), but all you need is probably just opening some windows/doors, and turn off smoke alarm. :D

I have a question for any ICS ak users. Are ICS parts compatible with any other manufactures? I ask as i have damaged the reciever on mine and need a replacement but cannot find them in any of the usual places. (wgc/uncompany/ehobby/cobra) and really dont look forward to the prospect of my rifle turning into a wall hanger. So does anyone know if any of ak receiver would work?

Your best bet is to either contact ICS for replacement parts, or throw away the externals for an LCT full AK kit(nothing need to be said about how nice they are, minus a few inaccuracies).

Edited by adadqgg

Thanks gents,

Suppressor is an action smiths el cheapo jobby. I only put it on there to keep the noise down when I was testing it in my garden. I liked it so much I'm thinking of making it permenant.

Weathering is done with a wire wheel and drill followed by birchwood casey super blue to take the edge off the shine. the mix of blued and paint looks sweet on most parts but the receiver won't blue for some reason. I believe it's stainless! FML

Yeah the wood is far to new looking but i'm gonna look at where it wears and then enlarge the damage in tho's areas for a more genuine look.

Finally the first set up is my preferable CQB set up :P

Ta

K_K

The plastic'y looking wood and the silver bolt just gave me that impression I suppose. Can't imagine many people these days would pay the price TM's still asking for their plastic 47.

True.

I have not seen a TM AK47 in person for more than three years.

Edited by adadqgg