AK & Variants Picture Thread

^ QFT, all I see are DBoys and CYMAs all over the place.

that.. is. Awesome. It should never exst, iot should never work, but I love it.

hahaha, thanks! This is actually my workhorse; most reliable airsoft gun and it shoots lasers. I love her :wub:

No sight, underfolder, short mag. I'm picturing it right now.

I actually like it.

Underfolder, huh? That would be so incredibly front heavy :P

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Quite OT on this one so I apologise, but it just strikes me that Simo's picture there is a perfect example of how actually a pattern like arid marpat, tri-colour or AOR1 can often be better in the woods than woodland camo.

@ crack - Is that purely an SVD front-end on an AKM (-74?) body just with a shorter barrel? Or is there something else to it? Looks great either way, like the russian equivalent of putting mid-length handguards on a 14.5" carbine.

@crackisbad: I'm loving that build! Looks great!

Below is my AK which I received for free in a trade. At least 4-5 years old Tokyo Marui AK-47S. Was really rough when I got it. Changed the spring and piston which made the gun field worthy. Extremely accurate thanks to Marui's excellent hop-up. I changed the receiver for a metal one by CA and I have a Galil collapsible stock for it as well. Don't like it, so I swapped it for a real-deal RK-54 stock I got from a local surplus store here. It is a temporary solution to the wobbly Galil stock until I get a proper AK Skeleton stock for it. It is solid and works well. Overal money spent on the gun is about 80$. Still need to paint that top cover. Too shiny to my taste.

P1030133.jpg

More like a G&G combat machine/

Quite right. At least on the outside it is. :) Best $60 broken (boneyard) gun I ever bought.

I primarily use my M14, but there are days when I feel running light and like shooting full auto, and that's what this is for. Inside is a TM hopup unit, prometheus triple torques (among other bits) and an M140. Churns out about 9 per second, which is exactly how I like it.

It lays down the .3's like nobody's business. I know it hardly looks real, but with the way it performs I have yet to have someone stop me on their way to the dead box and say "hey, your gun doesn't look real" :-P

Quite OT on this one so I apologise, but it just strikes me that Simo's picture there is a perfect example of how actually a pattern like arid marpat, tri-colour or AOR1 can often be better in the woods than woodland camo.

When everything is dead and there's no foliage, you're right. A green based camo in a primarily tan environment isn't going to hide you too well. :bleh: That said, when there's greenery about it works as well as any fancy pants camo you can buy.

Edited by Simo_Hayha

^ looks really good! Can't go wrong with a simple AK! ;)

Crackisbad, fantastic job! I've been looking for a decent long handguard for my real steel, I might have to look into some SVD handguards soon.

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out what to call her...

AK DMR? '74 AMR? no idea..

@ crack - Is that purely an SVD front-end on an AKM (-74?) body just with a shorter barrel? Or is there something else to it? Looks great either way, like the russian equivalent of putting mid-length handguards on a 14.5" carbine.

essentially, yes; the SVD barrel was shortened and an AK front sight was used and attached to the gas tube to give the sight post a beta or 104 look.

Slabside + Blue Steel = epic

AEG5620492084f52JPG.jpg

My new AK103 AEG:

AK1039fc61c0cjpg.jpg

Izhmash Parts: 7.62mm AK-103 muzzle brake, 2-piece handguard AK74M black (inc gas tube), 1000m leaf-shaped rear sight & Slabside 7.62 Steel Magazine

Regards

orb

My bolt broke LOL...the left handle is gone T_T.

As for the RMR I hate how it's dim as hell...it's usable in complete darkness and outdoors, but inbetween it's like WTF? I'll do a small review on it later; too bad it's a copy of the RM01 instead of the RM04, which actually has switches on the side. It seems the RS Trijicon RM01 is a constant-on RDS too, but that thing has a normal use span of 2 years. I doubt the Element/AABB one can be on that long...

oh noes! :o what happened?

He raped innocent AK receiver.

Lenin, with his beard and the fist under the beard, paid him, and his AK, a visit. :D

Or maybe he just need to weld the steel in a better way.

Edited by adadqgg

On a happier note, fielded the Mag-K for the first time today. Albeit some minor issues with the beta project mags (which caused some feeding & air-leakage issues initially), she was fun to sport, but I'm still not quite used to the weight balance (front heavy) and mag changing.

391976_10150347912203575_679773574_8298667_879191659_n.jpg

381418_218198924917515_100001822274338_582078_317771774_n.jpg

Props to gunner_archer for taking the pics.

Edited by Noveske

Albeit some minor issues with the beta project mags (which caused some feeding & air-leakage issues initially), she was fun to sport, but I'm still not quite used to the weight balance (front heavy) and mag changing.

I ran into the same problems with mine. My BP mag doesn't like to feed and the gun itself was much too front heavy with the UltimAK to be comfortable for long games. The polymer railed handguards might not be as versatile or true to the original, but they feel much better to me.

Anyway, anybody knows which is the base gun? because I dont think Beta project has much experience making guns...

The rear sight and rear sight block doesn't look like a CYMA, I would bet dboys at that price.

Edited by DFM56