AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Solid as a rock, nice wood(shame I won't be keeping it, lol). Pistol grip looks kinda cheap. Internal looks to be mix of steel and pot metal...Pretty accurate, kicks hard.

Only problem so far seems to be loading mag....somehow it tends to misfiring when loading, which can be kinda unsafe...The steel shell and mag internal wants to come apart, needs tapping it in once in a while. But mag itself seems to be decent as far as fixing and maintenance goes as all the O-rings are easily accessible....

I've taken the thing aside from hammer/trigger and hop-up apart a few times already....seems to be quite easy to work on...just different compare to ARs I guess...

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Grip adapter....

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-172/ACE-AR15-SAIGA-AK47/Detail

It works I guess, MOE grip is modified a bit, and the profile of the MOE grip doesn't fit the adapter completely, might need to do some reshaping...feels pretty good though...

Trying to figure out how to add a lightning bolt-style ambi charging handle on the pot metal bolt carrier....

Edited by RacingManiac

Its not a "bad" pot metal bolt carrier, its just not steel I guess...I have a few idea for the lightning bolts, but they are all gonna look pretty ghetto....if its steel it may be possible to weld something...

Considering RA-Tech or something never made a lightning bolt or something even for the old GHK AK, I doubt that'll happen for this...