AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Russia has several private companies who have licenses to import certain ITAR accessories. For example, American manufactured PVS-14 can be legally sold to some military personnel through one such company (TsSN makes use of PVS-14 for a lot of teams).

With stuff from 2008-present in Russia, guys in tactical teams of the FSB and MVD are buying new gear every day. Some of their sport and competition rifles are totally tricked out as the last photo demonstrates.

The railed dust cover on that is a Texas Weapon Systems Dogleg v2. I've been following it quite a bit since it was released and so far the reviews have been nothing but positive. Holds zero and repeats when the cover is opened. It's got a few tricks built in that helps it do that, unlike the stock dust cover. I really wish I could get one to fit on an AEG receiver..

That must be a fairly recent photo, iirc the cover has only been out for a few months.

Edited by DFM56

http://texasweaponsystems.com/id1.html

Neato....

So it hinges on the stock rear sight mount, and replaces stock recoil spring mount and guide with one of their own to aid the cover attachment....

I guess though if the goal is to keep the low stock sight plane height over bore, the MI forearm does the same thing as it mounts optics on the low sight plane also. Just probably balances worse(the MI one that is) as it puts everything up front, and you still can't use a magnifier....

Edited by RacingManiac

I think the barrel/forearm is too short for the AFG, the vertical grip is ergonomically better suited for the shorter gun.

I thought that too, then I tried it on my PSD size M4 and it is probably as good as RVG....

I am still deciding also, but my AK will be a full size gun...

I could use some input from the AK collective for my JG 'Beta Spetz'. Usually I know exactly what I want to do with my AKs, but my little JG I'm not sure. I hardly ever use the thing, I keep it as a handy backup and almost never use it myself, sometimes I lend it to friends when their guns break. Anyways, I'm temped to go ahead and paint it all flat black (fill in the hole from the stock too) and fit the black Cyma grip, but not sure if I like it better with the goofy purplish-grey silver paint and black plastic AK-47 style grip. I'm sure it'll look better/cooler/more realistic if I repaint it and change the grip, but for some reason the silly paint has sorta grown on me. I suppose I could paint everything flat black except the dust cover. What does the collective think?

IMG_0428.jpg

With AKM/AK74 style grip:

IMG_0427.jpg

Edited by DanHS