AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Well....Purist look away...

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

A few things still needs it sorted out. Some pics you can sorta see, the barrel is pretty scratched up, going to replace that with the steel Samoon one(that'll make it kinda heavy though, as it is its pretty hefty). Addtionally the front sight thread on the barrel is stripped too...replacing the barrel should sort that out....Also will install the recoil kit with it. I am replacing the gas tube from GHK with a RS AMD65 version as it has no handguard flanges, it looks kinda wacky with them...

The MI rail and the Vltor stock adapter is a bolt on install, needs some minor sanding the the plastic backplate to make it fit, but aside from that it is an easy install...The ML2 top cover with the MI rail allows the Aimpoint to cowitness the iron sight(lower 1/3), which is quite nice...

Well, if you ware working with what you have in the spares bin, very little can be done to lighten the weight, but I would sacrifice the lower rail in favour of a plastic lower handguard and ultimak rail, that should save some weight and murder attemps from AK purists :bleh:

In the meantime, its a good excuse to hit the gym harder

but I would sacrifice the lower rail in favour of a plastic lower handguard and ultimak rail, that should save some weight and murder attemps from AK purists :bleh:

I wholeheartedly agree. *sharpens bayonet* Edited by adadqgg

hahah....definitely needs to pump some iron...:D

The MI system needs the lower handguard as it bolts onto MI's own handguard mount. So it comes as a pair.....

Price isn't bad and it installs with no issue...I think running a lighter optic might help. But I sorta like my Irondot on my itzy-bitzy AR....so I guess the bulky Aimpoint is stuck here...:D

RacingManiac, full kitlist please?

GHK AKM

Midwest Industries X-Model AK Handguard

Midwest Industries ML2 Top Cover

Magpul PTS Blackout Flashhider

Vltor AK Receiver Extension

Ace AR Grip Adapter for AK

Magpul CTR stock

Magpul XTMs

Magpul AFG2

Magpul MOE grip modified for AK

Gear Sector Sling Mount

Aimpoint ML3 with black rubber cover and Aimpoint ARD

Larue Offset Torch Mount

Surefire E2D Defender

Edited by RacingManiac

Finished my AIMS rifle, went for the PMC/special forces slightly modified look, basically adding an Aimpoint, paracord, and using new mags. I think it came out pretty nice, it looks really ugly, and really cool. Plus, it performs great, all I did was shim the gears well, put in a 14 metal tooth piston, bearings in the piston head, Guarder M130 spring, Systema bucking with Element h-nub (and some slight filing of the hopup striker to make sure the nub was perfectly even), a Madbull barrel, basic mosfet and 1300mah 3s Turnigy LiPo. It cycles pretty smooth, very fast, and shoots very far and is pretty accurate with the Matrix (Evike) .4's I've been using. I only use semi. Externally, the foregrip is a real Romanian one, as is the muzzle brake. Pistol grip is LCT Bakelite style. The Aimpoint replica is from DealExtreme, and the UltimAK rail is what the CM.050A came with. I also disabled the 'blowback' because it was chewing up the side of the gearbox and the back of the piston. Anyways, enough text, here's pictures:

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

• Like 2