AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Sorry, but that doesn't look so good; Don't get me wrong, seems very well crafted and all, but I rather have an almost-full-travel bolt like LCT than an almost-no-battery-space with full travel bolt. I suppose you could solve that with an AR stock and all.

What I really do like about it is the muzzle-break, suit it well.

looking for ideas here, is there anyway to use the front sight/gas block style gas block(like AK104) on a AKM? What needs to be done? I take it I'll need a shorter outer barrel, will the block work with regular AKM gas tube? Also whats used to pin it in place, it doesn't look like it has any cross pins...

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=LCT-PK-15&search=special&rs=lct&catid=&cat=

Also does that flash hider on the LCT version comes off?

Edited by RacingManiac

This may prove relevant to some of the frequents of this thread:

http://www.rsregulate.com/products.php

So far they only have the 30mm mount available, but more versions are scheduled to come out soon. This might be a more than appealing alternative for mounting optics on aks without hindering balance (yes railed-handguard, I'm talking to you) and it even enables co-witness with the iron sights. Can't see anything wrong about it, the price isn't crazy, but it's a bit steep for an Airsofter like myself.

Speaking of new products, midwest is going to start selling this is a few weeks.

ASKK.jpg

And the long version.

mi_akssx.jpg

I'm pretty pumped, I've been waiting for a modular handguard like this for a long time. No more rail than you need, nice and light, QD sling swivel spots.. Ships with 2x 1" rail and a 3" rail, perfect for a light and VFG.

Edited by DFM56

@pkm200901; My Combat Machine (G&G) is 14mm CCW?

G&G combat machines are ak47, so they have the old 14mm thread like the AKM and all the old variations of the ak. From the 74 onwards the Russians started using a bigger thread (24mm). Some Airsoft companies copied that, other didn't and instead of the 24mm they went with 22mm CCW thread like you'd see on a Romanian Ak, G&G is one of those companies and their Ak 103 and 104 comes with said threads.

G&G combat machines are ak47, so they have the old 14mm thread like the AKM and all the old variations of the ak. From the 74 onwards the Russians started using a bigger thread (24mm). Some Airsoft companies copied that, other didn't and instead of the 24mm they went with 22mm CCW thread like you'd see on a Romanian Ak, G&G is one of those companies and their Ak 103 and 104 comes with said threads.

AH! Thank you! I'm An AR15 man, my Dads the AK user so I barely use it xD

Does have a slight issue with mag fitment that my D-Boys Cyma 104 didnt!

Edited by MovementUnderDarkness

F-that....lol, that looks like it'll be lighter than the MI one I have.... :D

12.9 oz with the three rail sections added, 11.3 without. Not that much of a difference, but I'm a fan of the slimmer profile and QD sling points. Saves me money on rail covers and a sling mount.

looks nice, but I still think that an Ultimak and polimer lower handguard serve the same purpose and are much lighter :)

Yeah, there really isn't much a difference for airsoft. I like gripping my real steel a bit farther out than I can with the normal handguards, plus the ultimaks get really hot on those!

only g&g uses the 22mm thread, and only on their 103 and 104. unless you can prove me wrong with measurements, please stop spreading bad information.