AK & Variants Picture Thread

only g&g uses the 22mm thread, and only on their 103 and 104. unless you can prove me wrong with measurements, please stop spreading bad information.

Dude, chill down. Either I failed to make myself understand or you took it the wrong way.

I meant to say G&G is one of those companies that uses the 22mm thread instead of the 24 that any modern Russian Ak has.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Just waiting to get it back from Kalashnikov Kid.

I would like that long LCT lower rail to go on it next. I have already added a Sig style grip, AK74 flash hider, CYMA gas tube rail, and I think thats it at the moment. Will add a Magpul grip to the ris and a aimpoint t1.

Just want to add fuel to the flash hider fire.

I would like to confirm the larger muzzle brake size of VFC/CYMA ak's.

I have measured my LCT one and it is definately M24x1.5mm

Can someone confirm other brands please? I have searched but cant find anything concrete.

Cheeeers!

I did the same to my Kalash AK (i know it is not exactly the same as LCT xD, a wrong i will correct) and rust appears in a huge quantity...you can figure the rest. Did it happen to you?

Ah... that sucks. :/

Nop, didn't happen to me. What have you done then? Can you still use it?

I rub some AKs down with Barricade rust preventer for guns, keeps exposed metal from rusting, gives a realistic lightly oiled look on the outside, and makes them smell more gun-like. Any oil will do the trick to protect against rust though, and you don't need much.

• Like 1

My blowback broke down just about a week ago. Cylinder gave up, shooting the piston backwards and also breaking the latch which keeps the top cover on. Cover still stays on, barely, but no blowback anymore. :)

As far as I know, only 'real' scope mounts attach directly into the body. Other option would be to take an eastern block mount and drill new holes into the body. Or make a mount yourself. I really hope that G&G or someone comes out with a mount for this. I inquired locally in Finland about cost of mounts made specifically for the RK, and the cost was over 350 euros. Out of my budget...

Here is an example. Also notice the mount under the front sight. Looks really nice.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/991/scopemount1rk95.jpg

I did the same to my Kalash AK (i know it is not exactly the same as LCT xD, a wrong i will correct) and rust appears in a huge quantity...you can figure the rest. Did it happen to you?

Ah... that sucks. :/

Nop, didn't happen to me. What have you done then? Can you still use it?

You should prolly oil it just to be safe.. like a thin coat enough to become satin rather than being glossy! will protect the metal underneath!

I rub some AKs down with Barricade rust preventer for guns, keeps exposed metal from rusting, gives a realistic lightly oiled look on the outside, and makes them smell more gun-like. Any oil will do the trick to protect against rust though, and you don't need much.

+1 Dan!

Get some decent gun oil on there, or even a 3-in-1 (http://www.coupondad.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/3-in-1-oil.gif) and rub it down with a peice of kitchen roll. not only does 3-in-1 prevent but also removes most surface rust with enough elbow grease and force..

I'm looking at getting the Hexagon Production PPSh, I'm tempted to lather it in Cosmoline, let it sit awhile, them wipe it down, to give it a really authentic "stored in crates in a Soviet warehouse for 60+ years" feel (and smell).