AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

The GHK selector removes relatively easily, if not at all alike with RS....You unscrew the pivet(I did it with a slip-jaw plier, which is why its kinda marred), then the selector just comes off. Its keyed on the actual internal bits itself.

I just took the tab, marked the holes with the punch on the selector, took it to a drill press a work and drilled the holes. The Rivet just needs to be hammered on from behind. You really should do it on a copper block or something softer than a steel vise, which is why my rivet heads are also flattened and discolored.....

RM, why didn't the LCT selector fit?

original.jpg

That thing on the back of the selector plate which is welded on the selector itself, the GHK does not use that, I think its keyed to go into the gearbox on the AEG. It looks like the selector itself came from the same tooling, as the key on the plate itself seems to be the same, but that "shaft" is welded onto the selector, and you have to cut it off, then somehow re-key it for the GHK bits...I don't think its impossible, but not worth the effort....

That thing on the back of the selector plate which is welded on the selector itself, the GHK does not use that, I think its keyed to go into the gearbox on the AEG. It looks like the selector itself came from the same tooling, as the key on the plate itself seems to be the same, but that "shaft" is welded onto the selector, and you have to cut it off, then somehow re-key it for the GHK bits...I don't think its impossible, but not worth the effort....

Ah I see.. man that suks. AEG, GBBR and RS are all different. Can't we all just get along? LOL. I'm less and less inclined to build a GBBR Mag-K now.

Props on the effort for tacking on the extended safety tab though. Any plans to mod the mag to use the Bulgarian style waffle mags?

Very nice! It looks like the cut-off and the diameter reduction was done on lathe?

Was the threading turned on the lathe or did you use a die?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw your post on GGI. That came out pretty clean for a die, but since you already have lathe access, I'd have turned the thread, especially if the lathe was CNC. Is this your steel barrel or the stock aluminum one?

Edited by slu

Its the same one that Rifle Dynamics uses, OEMed by Venom Tactical....Going that route instead of the LCT or RS AK104-style gas block offers a few advantage, I don't have to deal with pinning it at the right place, and I can use whatever thread I want instead of what comes with the gas front sight gas block......

Edited by RacingManiac

Say, I was wondering what was the general consensus over single point slings on shortened carbine length Aks (102/4/5). Any brand to suggest, how well/wrong does it work, etc.

And was also wanting to know how wrong would it be to putted a ribbed top cover on one of those aks, I mean realism-wise.