AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

I thought the RS upper receiver cover was too short for AEG based guns.

The new AK 12 looks really good. The inner barrel has more twist to improve accuracy, the rear sight looks like it can be removed from the top rail, it comes in different calibres, the upper receiver cover looks to be fixed and not loose like the ones now so optics will stay zero'd. I'm not sure whats going on with the flash hider as the original 74 one was just the right length before rounds started hitting the end of it. the new one looks longer so it will be interesting to find out why.

All in all if your going to ris up an AK leave it to the russians to get it right.

I thought the RS upper receiver cover was too short for AEG based guns.

The new AK 12 looks really good. The inner barrel has more twist to improve accuracy, the rear sight looks like it can be removed from the top rail, it comes in different calibres, the upper receiver cover looks to be fixed and not loose like the ones now so optics will stay zero'd. I'm not sure whats going on with the flash hider as the original 74 one was just the right length before rounds started hitting the end of it. the new one looks longer so it will be interesting to find out why.

All in all if your going to ris up an AK leave it to the russians to get it right.

If you're getting strikes on a brake you have a problem bigger than the length of the brake. That all comes from how and how well it's mounted to the barrel. This looks like the barrel is threaded unlike the 74 and 100 series where the FSB was threaded, so as long as the threads are remotely concentric strikes won't be a problem. It's that long because the expansion chamber needs to be large to be effective, and in order to keep it roughly the same volume but make it thinner (iirc they wanted it to be compatible with some rifle grenade standard) they had to make it longer. The '74 brake is a very effective design, should be interesting to see how this compares.

I love the look of the 12 and it looks like it will solve a lot of their problems. The only thing I wish they did was raise the comb of the stock and run taller irons so you can co witness optics designed for ar15 height irons. I know it has an adjustable cheek piece, but it looks like it's too far back to be very useful in some situations. Also, a FS/GB would have been nice to shave some weight at the front of the rifle.

taht's awesome man, I belive there's a fairly good guide top painting your 'turd brown' plastic to look like bakelite around here as well. What a steal.

aye, with quite a lot of experimenting with red varnish and various shades of orange, red and yellow inks i managed to get a very good likeness using MAG midcaps. from a distance you couldnt tell some of them apart from my RS mags.

A buddy and I bought 12 AEGs from a guy for $200 a while back. He hadn't played in years and wanted to offload them fast (no, they weren't stolen). I sold all of them save for one G&G M4 in about a week. A couple of weeks back some kid said he got a RealSword 56-2 for his birthday (or maybe Christmas?) and didn't like it. He would accept trades for M4s, so I promptly traded him the $16 M4 and a few mags for the RealSword. $17 RealSword + $70 mags + $5 chest rig (long story involving a law enforcement contract), and I have a nice setup for just under $100.

Bakelite: already working on that

Does he have more: Nope :)

The picture is a bit small but it looks like the 4x24 FPK/PSL scope I have on my SVD, an 'LPS T2'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSL_%28rifle%29

I never tried but it might fit the AK rail, I was thinking of putting one on my RPK instead of a POSP.

Edited by DanHS

Cope's has them for $110, I got mine on a holidays sale for $90, mine has nice clear and sharp optics and doesn't seem to be used, though the rubber eye piece was smooshed by the storage case, and the locking tab was rusted and stuck (I unscrewed the locking cam and tapped the tab out with a punch, wire brushed everything and greased it, good as new now). Next time they go on sale I'll probably grab another, put it on my RPK or a second SVD or something. I think they're a pretty good deal seeing as how they cost less than the fake PSO-1, and at least half as much as a real PSO-1 or POSP.

Edited by DanHS