AK & Variants Picture Thread

Nice. I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody make an airsoft Tantal yet. I was considering getting a Tantal and putting on all plum furniture, but now I'm just planning to build a Bulgarian kit, waiting for tax return before I go order everything and a case or two of 5.45.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Tantal kits are fairly cheap if you want the correct gas block, front sight, and brake, and you can always sell the extra parts. I think you might even be able to use the RSB as well.. As long as you have access to someone with a lathe to turn the AEG barrel down it shouldn't be difficult. The hardest part will be adapting the tantal safety to an AEG I think. I've thought of ways to do it but none of them involve lowering the safety lever axis so it wouldn't be true tantal. None of them are that good, either..

Also, Dan, a plum tantal has been a dream of mine for a few years. Nothing beats a nice gray park finish with some plum. Excuse me while I go force my tax return back into my wallet...

My brand new LCT Ver. 2009 Steel AKM given a bit of a Pan-bashing!:

AKMWeather1-1.jpg

AKMWeather1-2.jpg

Anyone know a source for wooden pistol grips?

:)

Hopefully I should have some made by mid march. :)

Oh and if anyone wants to try making a Beryl I had my hands on the RS version yesterday and thought you might like some photos for reference just as soon as I figure out how to display them!

Edited by mightyjebus
  • Like 1

I know it is not a thread to ask, but I think this is the place of most AK knowledge pool I have contact to.

I have good option to buy TM Specnaz. For my CQB and PSD style play and team :) I wanted to know - how is the compatibility of receivers and front hand guard with CYMA? Is it possible to add some kind of RIS front handguard, e.g. from AKSU74 maybe with some modification? If you have any resources I would be grateful. I opting for some kind of MAG-KU style build (it wont be of such good quality)...

Thank you!

You will need the AKS74U front end - the Beta Spetznaz front end is too short; but yes, older CYMA versions are TM-compatible, so you're able to swap front ends. Later CYMA ones (CM04x's) are mostly Dboys/VFC-based.

On a related, note - VFC Krinkov full bolt. :)

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

Teehee I lied.

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

Don't mind the screw, the original pin was too small lol.

The newer CYMAs are built like VFC's, where the barrel is held in the front trunnion by a set screw and pin (more like the real thing, similar to the way LCT and other higher quality AK replicas are built). The only Marui compatible parts are the internals. Maruis are built like toys, with that four screws in the bottom stuff, nothing on them is anything like the real thing.

I'm not sure just how compatible VFC and CYMA guns are, haven't taken apart enough to measure and compare, but I was able to put a real Romanian lower handguard on my CM.050A without any fitting or modification at all.

Edited by DanHS

Marui - Toy

VFC, LCT - replica ;)

Understood loud and clear! :) I just got a sweet offer for that TM. And the number of mags included justifies the price of the gun :)

I will try to put some element tactical AK mag release and switch on my CYMA in this case.

adadqgg answered his for me on Red Alliance:

CM040x(AKs-74, AK74M, AK105, AK105 with triangle steel stock), CM045x(AKs-74u), CM048x(AKM, AKMS, full-stock AK74 with wood furniture), CM050x(AIMS and the tacticrap version), CM052x(RPK and RPKs).

All those are VFC-based, the rest are TM-based.

Edited by aznriptide859
  • Like 1