AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

First gun I've been proud of in awhile so I'm whoring her out!

E1 Red Star AKM...sorry for blurry first pic!

DSCN1439.jpg

Going to have my wife's name engraved in Cyrillic lettering on the Receiver, only thing I may have done to it is a tight bore....ah and fix the lack of muzzle brake and rear sight spring!

DSCN1445.jpg

That Unicorn AKSU and LCT AK47S are really nice, I'm not really an AK47S fan, but this one is changing my mind!

And here's something much different, a friend picked up a Echo-1 'Wolverine' AKS74, and wanted some tacticool stuff, so here it is. It's not my style, but it doesn't look too bad, the replica Samson rail is pretty solid, and I like the triangle stock much better than the collapsible AR stock usually seen on tacticool AK's. I'm guessing this is the new JG blowback, the blowback system is much better designed than what was on my CM050, it's smoother and far more durable. The gun itself is pretty nice, except the hopup had a very thin piece of rubber tubing for a nub, so it got almost no hopup at all, once I corrected that it shoots fairly far. Whatever is inside of it, it has a very impressive trigger response and rof with a 1200mah 20C 7.4 LiPo (after switched to Deans with no fuse).

IMG_0558.jpg

Edited by DanHS

Need help.

I have this item ELEMENT SAW GRIP For AK - http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-style-pistol-grip-ot0811-p-1541.html

need to fit on this CYMA 050A PMC (VFC clone)

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/cyma-aims-pmc-airsoft-aeg-cm-050a.html

If anybody has experience with this this - would be helpfull. This is not direct drop in, as ELEMENT grip does not slide to the end. Looks like the motor angle is slightly different than (is there difference between AK74 and 47 pistol grips in airsoft aeg's?) (maybe difference between marui and VFC?).

Want to talk with some experienced ppl before grabbing file and sharpy, and epoxy :D

Shoot me PM. Thank you.

It should be the same - AKM/74 receivers are meant for the SAW grip.

You might have encountered something similar to me, when I tried to fit a KA SAW grip onto a LCT AK74U receiver - the grip doesn't meet the receiver all the way, so when you screw it on it wobbles like a mother. The KA (and maybe the Element) grip has the screw hole indented into the interior of the grip, because (my guess is) the TM motor cage sits lower/less protruded than LCT or VFC AK's. I took a very large drill bit (I think 3/8") and slowly wore down the inside of the grip hole, until the grip sit flush with the receiver.

Even with the fix and a screw with an o-ring, the grip will still wobble :(. Sadly the best option is to get the LCT SAW grip (which is meant for LCT/VFC AK's), but WGC hasn't stocked it in months, and LCT themselves have stopped production.

Thank you for reply.

Atm, I had three wings that should vertically be insterted into receiver. I cut the back wing, ant it actually help a lot with better fitting. The original CYMA PMC grip, had no wings like on ELEMENT SAW GRIP for AK.

If I understood aznriptide correctly - I have to make screw hole bigger? Or just I just remove some "meat" from the inside bottom of the grip? I Think that my Element grip does not even reach the screw hole on the motor cage. I can fit a small screwdriver between the grip and motorcage 360 degrees angle through the grip's screw hole & i feel no restrictions there.

At the moment I believe that main problem lies within those wings, and the front part of the grip, where it meats the trigger guard. It is seriously out of specs when compared to original grip size (internal width, length etc). I will try either aproach and post my findings (maybe a picture).

Thanks for the fast response.

J.J., Try wiggling and squeezing the grip, those little tabs/wings sometimes needs some help finding the way into the opening of the receiver. Taking the selector lever off so the gearbox can move a little more might help you angle the grip better to get the tabs to slip into place. You might need to do a bit of filing on the tabs to get it to fit, or push the tabs inward with a screwdriver. Those tabs do help make the grip feel more solid once it's installed though.

Farfromahero, I personally like the different look of the tacticool '74, plus being an AK74, it would look wrong with the AKM slant comp on it instead of the '74 brake. I'm actually thankful that this isn't another AKM with an AR collapsible stock, it's different from most other tacticool AK's.

Farfromahero, I personally like the different look of the tacticool '74, plus being an AK74, it would look wrong with the AKM slant comp on it instead of the '74 brake. I'm actually thankful that this isn't another AKM with an AR collapsible stock, it's different from most other tacticool AK's.

Well, I have seen some real steel ones with the tacitcool look on the 74 with the AKM slant on it and it looks just fine. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the behold right? Anyway would that real system fit on a TM style AK or is it just for the LCT/VFC bodies?

It only fits on the LCT/VFC style, it has a bracket that clamps to the barrel on either side of the rear sight block, then the actual rail system is fastened to the bracket.

ELBAR, to my knowledge, the original CA AK's (the black plastic furniture SLR105) and the Sportlines are Marui style, but the newer steel and wood ones I think are VFC style, never dismantled one before though.