AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

I really wish AK receivers without side rails were easy to aquire. It frustrates me to think about how easy it is for Dboys to not drill those horrible holes in the receiver...

I just want my AKS-74UN to look good, and that involves removing that "N" from it :(

Can we sign a petition or something like that?

Ranting aside, I will soon post a picture of my AK, so that I too actually contribute.

1. remove siderail

2. apply filler and paint

3.???????

4. profit!

1. remove siderail

2. apply filler and paint

3.???????

4. profit!

What kind of filler would work? Anyways, it would make my blued AK a bit less sexy if there were flat black spots on the receiver. It might look a bit better than the side rail though...

What kind of filler would work? Anyways, it would make my blued AK a bit less sexy if there were flat black spots on the receiver. It might look a bit better than the side rail though...

APS makes a version of AKs-74u without the side mount.

However, the selector position is not correct...

You are not supposed to blue your AKs-74u anyways. Glossy paint for win.

Edited by adadqgg

Isn't JB Weld metal epoxy? The JB Weld I have says epoxy steel. Either way, just sand it to the metal, clean it, put some tape on the backside, fill the holes, let it cure, then file and sand it down to match. Then you can go about repainting. Rustoleum satin black or semi-gloss sorta look like the black Russian paint, though what I was told on my firearms forum to match the original Soviet Russian finish is: "

if you want to match the original, then two light dustcoats of duplicolor ceramic engine semi gloss, and 4 dustcoats low gloss, then bake. at least thats how you match original russian finish..."

Did you go for the potassium nitrate process of blueing?

I considered it long and hard, but I eventually settled for cold bluing. I used Birchwood Casey's, but I think Brownells Oxpho Blue would have been much better. I'll probably do some nitrate bluing later on ;)

As for the optics rail, I'll give welding a shot. I have an extra receiver lying around, so I get to test it before I potentionally violate my 74U. Thanks for all the input!

I'm currently in the process of cold bluing an old kalash with Birchwood Casey's superblue and aluminium black. Came out looking like a POS but that was kind of what I was going for anyway. I'll post pics when it's done, there are only a few little pieces left.

Its good, bought it cuz I had spare internals and just wanted prime quality externals. Its easy to put together, and is rock solid (no stock wobble), except the lower wood hand guard requires some tightening. All in all I got what I was looking for, a nice AK!

I wonder if someone could help me with some tech info:

Will LCT receivers/kits will fit CYMA 050A type AEG's without mods? I heard these CYMA's are VFC/LCT type.

Is there any rail system designed for LCT/VFC AK 47, but not SAMSON, somethink shorter. Links would be welcomed.

Thank you!

J.J.

Hello,

In my experience no.

I tried mate an LCT AMD65 front end with a CYMA050 (Romanian AIMS) receiver.

The outer barrel on the LCT is wider than the cyma, and the block attached to it (forgot the name) is thinner. I have not tried the other way round (cyma barrel on LCT receiver..)

It would probably be possible with some sanding, however I was unwilling to go to town on either piece so aquired an LCT receiver.

A few gems.

<snip>

VFC AKS-74M

- RS plastic parts

- RS modded mag

<snip>

LCT AKS-74U kit

- Built on TM 47

I have a friend with a Red Jacket Krink. Your's is dead on accurate looking! Awesome work:-) I have fired 1000s of rounds through it and I can't tell the difference at all in the pics.

On a side note, does anyone have a real or replica Kobra?

Edited by crackisbad
pics removed