AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

I am guessing its not TM capitable than

Screwed LCT gas block is more compatible than realsteel.

--------------------------------------

I am motha f**king sick of these motha f**king rails on those motha f**king AK. Especially when even upper handguard was replaced just to have rail and mounts nothing...

IMAG0100-1.jpg

Say hello to my little Comrade!(VFC AKs-74 with realsteel handguard/sling/bayonet, all Soviet)

Edited by adadqgg
  • Like 1

MAG/G&P Midcaps in RS mag shells, they're easy to do and look great! (I'm guessing on the internal brand but I'd imagine they are one of the two)

MAG is not so easy to put into RS mag because it is basically two halves of plastic for both externals and internals.

Ok, you guys might hate me for this. In my defense it started as a Beta Spetz so I did not harm any AK's in this concept rifles creation!

7.62x39 PDW, with polymer slide molded lower reciever AK body concept. Its still in progress, a few weeks will see it looking more refined. Open to suggestions on this project not involving burning it, blowing it up, or dropping it from great hieghts :P

post-25901-0-26734600-1339627061_thumb.jpg

post-25901-0-93513700-1339627157_thumb.jpg

post-25901-0-91195100-1339627183_thumb.jpg

yep it's an MP5 froregrip with the aformentioned glue and bits of plastic, and much bondo and epoxy. Calling it project MP-1247 right now, aiming for an H&K polymer body look to it. long way to go before it looks like 'H&K make an AK PDW?'.

PALM quad stack short mag would be the bee's knees. Admittedly, any mag might look better then what I got. But part of the concept is it uses 7.62x39 and standard AK mags to allow contractors and advisors to share logistical supply needs with indiginous troops in the 3rd world.

Edited by Stinky

Ok, you guys might hate me for this. In my defense it started as a Beta Spetz so I did not harm any AK's in this concept rifles creation!

7.62x39 PDW, with polymer slide molded lower reciever AK body concept. Its still in progress, a few weeks will see it looking more refined. Open to suggestions on this project not involving burning it, blowing it up, or dropping it from great hieghts :P

That is an improvement over Beta spetz...
  • Like 1

I dont have any extra parts at this point. I can make stuff, some larger parts I can make in plastic or in a few months machine them (shop closed right now). If anyone in California has some H&K especially mp5 parts they will let go for CHEAP let me know. I figure I can make the stock from aluminium and plastic, hinge and locking mech will be an interesting mod with scrap material but should be makable. Sights and such I would take more time then worth to make look right so i will try to get a broken MP-5, mc-51, g3-sas or similar.

I will ditch that pistol silencer, sorry :P

Right now I am thinking of making a stock similar to the mp5K, straight section to rear triangle.

mp5adjfoldingstock-4_1432_detail.jpg

It will fold left to keep it out of the way of the fire select lever. I hate those plastic tab stock locks so I will redessign that to be better. More durable, longer lasting, and replacable metal tabs on both sides of the connection.

Front end. Thinking of a small front section like the mp5k, with vert foregrip and a muzzle/hand seperator projection. Like this:

mp5kverticalgrip-1_39_detail.jpg

But I saw this:

sr-3m_9x39mm_submachine_gun_tsniitochmash_russia_01.jpg

Russian SR-3M 9x39mm submachine gun.

sr-3m_9x39mm_submachine_gun_tsniitochmash_russia_02.jpg

I have a vert grip that would go nicely like that SR-3M, and fold up into the foregrip. It will be a no going back change to cut the bottom of the foregrip away and make a locking pivot at the very front. Opinions?