AK & Variants Picture Thread

199003_1821960279171_1545137380_1872397_6760074_n.jpg

I believe that barrel extension/expansion (does not appear it would hide flash or redirect gases) is most likely 6061 or 7075 Aluminum tubing. I am guessing it is to keep muzzle gas compressed for the gas tube port in the sight block to have enough pressure. I think the gas port too close to the barrel end lowers the pressure in the gas tube a bit and lowers the cycle time, not sure though dont shoot real AK's. To noisy and dangerous.

I have some scraps, .875"/22.25mm tubing. The narrow tubing in the image is actually a TM AK outer barrel section for comparison.

IMG_0948.JPG

The .875" tubing is readily available from many sources, some free! Try a bike shop, ask for the cut off scraps from handlebar cut downs... Scrap sections of aluminum seat posts (larger diameter, 1" as I recall) are very nice free machinable material as well. I suggest leaving the airsoft gun out of the explanation for why you want the material, just say to try and make stuff with it.

You sort of owe me for this, one of my secrets to free high quality materials. Your welcome.

Edited by Stinky
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Those two upgrade parts should fit together. Both are specified to replace Tolyo Marui stock AK parts. The thing is the fore grip is included in the 104 front end, and both together cost more then a full AEG. You could buy a tactical AK of some with the same look for the amount of both those parts. You could get the Beta Project Magpul AK for near that amount or any number of nice complete AK type AEG.

I personally think the time of the AK purist has passed, since the Russian military is upgrading and modernizing as well as individual Russian soldiers kitting out their personal weapons just like US soldiers. They go online and shop for advantages just like soldiers of most western nations. There are many pictures from the Caucasus and Chechnya showing very interesting modernized AK's in combat. The 9x39 round VSS, VAL, and SR3M Vikhr are being used in ever increasing numbers, or at least showing up in a lot more journalists images and screen captures from news clips.

I think part of the AK purist movement is actually the AK hatters club as well. They like to think of the AK as a 'communist' gun and are opposed to seeing it modernized for reasons of nationalistic pride more then any supposed mil sim accuracy. Notice how making one look like its beatdown is considered OK, but make one look like a modern soldiers well taken care of primary weapon and everyone screams and cries. I think 90% of this crowd just transfers the now confusing and antiquated feelings of fear of communism onto this poor gun, and want to see it in peasants clothing.

I suspect most of the so called 'purists' really want the common depiction of the Russian soldier to stay firmly rooted in the 1950's to feel superior. Whatever I don't care, I am modern in my ways of thinking and so is my AK.

This is a modern Russian soldiers real AK.

Russian Soldier showing of some new kit.

Nice gear Dudesky.

Modern Russian submachine gun.

(Karden sorry your image domain is blocked here could not link had to borrow the images, pls dnt shotz mez)

Viewing the AK as a communist or terrorist weapon that must look a certain way to placate fragile emotions, is weak, and fragile, whatever thats not me.

Great post man

Edited by crackisbad
Don't Quote pics

Ok, everyone needs to stop feeding the troll. This is a picture thread.

I literally just posted this a few days ago: Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion. However, attacking other members is not: the next time I have to repeat myself, someone will receive a suspension.

It's under a new brand "Dynamic Star" on WGC, which I honestly think is LCT simply making a new subbrand to get around complaints from KCI (since LCT "discontinued" their old KCI parts).

Dynamic star isn't a new brand, as it's been around a few years. They apparently are a partner of LCT http://www.tacticalmilsim.com/news/know-more-about-lct-airsoft/

What I have found after 15 years of shooting real, paintball (MP5 and AK) and AS guns is that eventually you worry less about looks and more about functionality (and comfort). I love the AK platform but it does have some ergonomic issues. If I can take the good parts of an AR and transfer them over, its a win.

At the end of the day, you have to carry that rifle, acquire targets and move fluidly. That's what matters:-)

Edited by supervepr

What I have found after 15 years of shooting real, paintball (MP5 and AK) and AS guns is that eventually you worry less about looks and more about functionality (and comfort). I love the AK platform but it does have some ergonomic issues. If I can take the good parts of an AR and transfer them over, its a win.

At the end of the day, you have to carry that rifle, acquire targets and move fluidly. That's what matters:-)

Good parts from the Ar platform? Like what? Only the rear-sight closer to the shooter (more comfortable, yes and better sight radius, sort of irrelevant for airsoft and not meant to be in the Ak from it's very conception, I'd dare to say shorter sight radius is better for airsoft) and ambidextrous fire selector (the fire selector in the ak is awkward, but I always play on full auto anyway). Maybe the grip, but that's a personal preference.

The stock? You can get NATO lenght side-folding stocks if you don't like the Warsaw pact length, a collapsible stock isn't THAT much of an improvement, you're more than likely to end up using the same position all the time, side folding is better for transport.

Railed hand-guard can be an improvement if you give use to them (and I can see one or maybe even two rails being useful), having a quad-rail hand guard just to end up covering 3 of those rails with rail covers and using the top one for a red-dot sight is idiotic, you would only add more weight to an already front heavy gun (which is no improvement, no matter how you want to see it), If you want optics you should use the side rail, let the added weight rest closer to the centre of the gun (and you can co-witness too as well as mount western optics systems, all you need is the right mount).

• Like 1

I'm not a huge fan of the AR though I own a couple. The good parts about an AR for me include the grip, it's lighter by design, and scope mounting options are much easier than the AK side rail. Luckily, all these things are easily transferable to the AK so you can mix and match:-) A Krink with all the plastic goodies is the ultimate usable rifle in my opinion.

Steve, you are absolutely correct. That's just been my experience after so many years.

Edited by supervepr

I'm quoting the picture because it's awesome.

Parts list?

The AMD is an old potmetal Cyma AKM with real steel parts (evrything what is not AKM is real) and a modified grip to fit the motor, the ak63 is a new gen cyma akms with real steel parts and the same custom grip.

And THX! :D