AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

It seems the spacer works ONLY if your hopup is outer barrel-mounted, not tray-mounted (like most VFC's are). I can't get get the spacer to work in neither of my AK's.

Could you eleborate what is the difference between those? As I only have CYMA's here. Nobody knows LCT around here :D I know that thereis plastic L-shaped piece that fix chamber between the front and gearbox.

I completed my new AKSU, got the DBoys Bulgarian muzzle, and a CYMA AK74M stock. I also reshimmed the gears, put in a Guarder M120 spring, JG enhanced steel toothed piston with an Element bearing pom piston head, a 5KU aluminum cylinder, and rewired with 16ga wire and a basic mosfet. I installed a Madbull tightbore with a Systema bucking and H-nub, and replaced the plastic L-shaped hopup spacer thingy with a spring. It now shoots 440fps with the hopup adjusted for .4's (shoots 280fps with the .4's), seems to be pretty accurate so far. Here it is pictured with my frankenstein (STALKER inspired) AKSU:

IMG_0096.jpg

Edited by DanHS

God damnit! I broke my RPK. God damnit.

I had taken of the stock to age it when I dropped it on the metal part that joins the stock and the receiver. I just Pattex'd it to death, but I might as well get a replacement... problem is I can only find the whole receiver, from LCT and it's like 100$.

392bb73e.jpg

God damnit! I broke my RPK. God damnit.

I had taken of the stock to age it when I dropped it on the metal part that joins the stock and the receiver. I just Pattex'd it to death, but I might as well get a replacement... problem is I can only find the whole receiver, from LCT and it's like 100$.

The problem with getting just the part is that it's riveted in place. It's going to be pretty hard to install one correctly if you don't have a press and the right fixture to set the rivets. You might be able to get away with making a bolt cutter rivet press, pretty common tool for people who build real steel AKs so you should be able to find some info on it pretty easily. I've replaced a few of those on CYMA bodies, but I just tapped them and screwed them in. It looks pretty bad, but it works.

Noveske got one on his, he just used some thin/strong double sided tape for the front part.

Did someone say MFER? Here she is. I just cheaped out and just removed the hook (but kept the screw as an ornament) and then used some 3M automotive double sided tape (the grey stuff). Works like a charm.

MFER1.jpg

3B840CD5-8EB5-4C66-996E-4310A53FD5F1-332-000000664E4114A1.jpg

545E471F-7362-402C-94BA-F22060A0F27C-332-00000065CDE7B136.jpg

Edited by Noveske

Did someone say MFER? Here she is. I just cheaped out and just removed the hook (but kept the screw as an ornament) and then used some 3M automotive double sided tape (the grey stuff). Works like a charm.

I HAD to do that because with the hook the magazine won't sit....

For whatever reason I find it work better with the 5.45 style mag vs the 7.62 style mag on the GHK...

Could you eleborate what is the difference between those? As I only have CYMA's here. Nobody knows LCT around here :D I know that thereis plastic L-shaped piece that fix chamber between the front and gearbox.

On my Dboys AKS74U and on my VFC AK105, the hopup was mounted to a U-shaped sliding "tray" that was right in front of the gearbox. You slide it in, which is then spring-loaded against the gearbox to prevent air loss. It seems this tray gets in the way of the LCT spacer; even after cutting it down. In both guns the spacer wobbled like crazy, so I cannot figure out how it actually "locks" into the gun like it did on LCT's video.

On LCT AK's (or from what I've seen), instead of having the moving tray, the hopup is directly screwed into the outer barrel (look at LCT's outer barrels on WGC, they all have two flanges that stick back into the receiver with screw holes in them). I'm guessing this in some way allows the spacer to properly lock into the receiver, but I still haven't figured out how.

Either that or I'm getting lazier and don't have the motivation to do so...maybe I should get back on it lol.

Edited by aznriptide859

I add my humbly and recently acquired CA AK74u, it is currently barebones and normal but this will soon change over the coming month.

tumblr_md2hfyQ4xJ1ql48v6o1_1280.jpg

Also suggestions on what scope / rail mounting systems are available for the CA Ak74u would be appreciated ^^

Edited by faramon