AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Nice, how do you like the Bizon, and which brand suppressor did you use? I'm thinking of getting one and going Polarstar when the V3 engines come out, with a suppressor they're so quiet, and I'll have something quite different from all the Polarstar powered AR's on the field.

• Like 1

Nice discodante thats what i'm thinking of doing with my VFC AKS74N, when i can find some nice RS plum grips for a decent price.

I never ordered from this place, but they have the handguards, I don't see the stock though. I have a set of plum Bulgarian furniture I'm saving for a possible VFC in the future, I got it with a demilled kit gun here in the US, I'm not sure if US retailers can export furniture or not, there are a lot of restrictions on exporting gun components.

http://soviet-military.com/product/soviet-russian-army-ak-set-handguardsgrip-polymer-sm-28-158

Edited by DanHS

Ok, Fakelite grips done! I wish there wasn't such a short time limit to edit posts, I would have just added these to my earlier post. Anyways, here's the finished product on two of my lower-end guns.

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

And my technique: For the base I used Valspar satin finish "La Fonda Copper" spray paint, I chose it because it produces a nice thin and smooth finish, and the color looks a bit like Bakelite already. Then I did the usual Miniwax Red Mahogany using the cheap horsehair brush, like I did earlier with the mags. Then after letting it dry a few days, I sealed it with the Miniwax 2in1 Polyurethane using a foam brush to carefully brush on a thin, even coat. I did try applying the polyurethane too perfectly on one of the grips, and you can see a light spot on part of the grip on the shorty AK74, where I brushed too many times and rubbed off some of the stain. I think the stain was a bit too thin too, as they came out slightly too light (they look about right for Bakelite mags, but other real Bakelite items I have are darker), and I neglected to paint and stain inside the hole for the grip screw, and by the trigger guard. I also feel they may be a bit too shiny, I may try some semigloss or satin polyurethane. I will try to do it a bit darker next time, and make a perfect Fakelite grip for my RPK!

Edited by DanHS
  • Like 3

I know; I have a Bullpup M14 monster too... :rolleyes:

I want MAGPUL, because I don't like so many rails... I already have a CTR stock too.

That will be the base gun... naturally wood parts will be able to replant...

how about something like this?

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/290812266305?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

or

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/390342544901?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

they're quite minimalistic for tacticool handguards IMO.