AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Well if one is a stickler for detail - the top rail system doesn't seem like its the same thing based on the attachment area and i think i see a folding stock button on the side of the receiver. Also the actual stock adapter doesn't look like its the same.. :D

Here a slightly larger pic of the rifle..

ak-detail.png

I'm using the Echo 1 CPW, as it already has almost everything you would need( stock conversion, railed hand guards, and upper rail).

The only thing missing is the optic, vfg, and suppressor.

Well if one is a stickler for detail - the top rail system doesn't seem like its the same thing based on the attachment area and i think i see a folding stock button on the side of the receiver. Also the actual stock adapter doesn't look like its the same.. :D

I understand that it isn't the same. The original question was : If I wanted to build an AK like that then what would be the best base gun for it?

I made the suggestion for something similar, as he didn't ask to replicate the rifle exactly.

He is asking for an AK like the one on the picture, not an AK SIMILAR to the one on the picture. No need to get defensive I'm not gunning for you. I just pointed out that if you are into details, there may be a better starter rifle out there than what you have suggested..

Those NPO AEGs look disappointing for the price - why are they using resin when an ABS mould wouldn't be particularly hard to make, and make the magazines actually affordable and the hanguards/grips not look like they were shat out by bears with cheesegraters for rectums?

A small store in Japan got one or two of the SR-3Ms. I saw his pictures, not very impressed. The resin is brittle and there are quite a few mold marks and imperfections.

Ze post I am referencing: http://wa20000hybrid85.militaryblog.jp/e380513.html

It looks more like a home made gun in the "Custom guns" section :)

Those NPO AEGs look disappointing for the price - why are they using resin when an ABS mould wouldn't be particularly hard to make, and make the magazines actually affordable and the hanguards/grips not look like they were shat out by bears with cheesegraters for rectums?

I dont think the handguards are actually resin, thats just the word used by the japanese blog. I assume he used that word instead of saying polymer for whatever reason. The plastic components look just as bad as the real ones. NPO has shared pictures of referance guns that they have and between those and their production AEGs, they look the same. Ill find some later and post them.

NPO AEG never said what the furniture was made of AFAIK.

Edited by Horsem4n

I dont think the handguards are actually resin, thats just the word used by the japanese blog. I assume he used that word instead of saying polymer for whatever reason. The plastic components look just as bad as the real ones. NPO has shared pictures of referance guns that they have and between those and their production AEGs, they look the same. Ill find some later and post them.

NPO AEG never said what the furniture was made of AFAIK.

I've been doing some research on both ??? 9x39 russian guns (VSS, AS val and SR3/M) and CTO (????????????? ??????????? ??????), the original developers of the Airsoft VSS (they make al the same models as ??? with the addition of the VSK-94).

??? is slightly more expensive than CTO, but they seem to be better prepared to deal with foreign orders. Also, based on awkwardly translated Russian forums, ??? seems to have the upper hand in terms of overall quality and construction.

I've been also making lots of comparisons between the Real steel version and what ??? is offering and I'd say they are pretty even; the real deal is most likely sturdier and more durable, but the seem to be on par when it comes to cosmetic details. The only weak point on ??? AEG is the paint apparently, it chips off easily, but they were supposed to come up with the 4th generation already (the twentieth something of November) and properly address that issue.

Wait, what have here, what have I created?:

dscf0001eq.jpg

dscf0002oo.jpg

dscf0003mx.jpg

dscf0004ya.jpg

And no your eyes don't deceive you, that is my winter gun, well also my gun while I have to put up with the *suitcase* options they have up here. It is a TM AK-47S that I have added the front foregrip, sights and barrel of a JG AK-Beta to and yes before you ask, the sights radius is shorter than most decent sized pistols, but I like it that way, it is light, works up close and is ugly as sin.

I call it the AKS-Beta and it feels good to run with. :P

'FireKnife'

• Like 2

Wow I actually like the look of that. A lot more than Beta Spetz in my opinion.

Also, contacted the guy with the NPOs here. He said the body isn't terribly strong, but it doesn't feel like it will break soon. And he said in the messages it is plastic.

Edited by vorpalbunnie

Was trying for the AKMSU look, but using the Beta shorter end. Now to work out what short flash hider to use as I don't like the big and bulky AKS-74U style one.

Plus I have a feeling it might look better with black '74 mags than plastic 47 mags. But then the 47 mags make sense for the kind of loadout I am going for.

'FireKnife'

Betas are fun little guns. JG actually makes one that way with the underfolder stock. I combined my JG Spetz with a CM.035, and used an SRC 'AKMSU' style lower handguard, sheetmetal upper handguard, and AKM muzzle break. (here it's pictured with the RPK 74 flash hider though)

IMG_0445.jpg

betaksu.jpgFound a newer pic and cropped it out, I think I call it the BetAKSU

Edited by DanHS
  • Like 2

Ok then one question for all, what options do I have for the bottom of the handguard?

Do anything other than Beta ones fit, or would I have to change the lot again to get a hanguard sans rail? If not I don't mind as it actually works rather well for what it does.

Still yet to take it out to a game for a full use, though it balances well and the stock actually locks up when folded, something my JG Beta-f didn't do (along with all the other ones I tried).

'FireKnife'

Wait they do wood Beta kits, where?

Though could ask around for a SRC one, not sure where to start though and if the stock would still lock up as it just does on my custom one.

Also still getting used to the sight profile but really with the way I hold it, it is just like using a pistol in a CAR stance, albiet not at a forty five degree angle.

'FireKnife'

Wait they do wood Beta kits, where?

I believe cyma made a wooden fornitured beta and the wood could be bought separatly, but I saw it quite a long time ago, so imnot sure if it is possible to get one...

If you only need the lower part, you can buy this one

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=4854&cateId=79

Wood looks quite bad IMO, but it is there and maybe you could even chop down (a lot) an acm ultimak for optics

So that is fine, but actually looking at it, I think it sits better with black furniture, seeing as then if I did do wood I would want the pistol grip and the upper hanguard done too.

Though I could get that and do something to it to make it fit the rest of the gun, at $14.99 and as a cheap clone part it would be perfect, but does it really justify the effort for me, I will probably buy it then actually find a use for the rail :P.

Must admit, this does not give me wood at all: http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=2&prodId=2995&cateId=0

However I think I might have an idea for the flash hider :P

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife

I did a quick Google search for the SRC handguard, I found one European distributor that seems to have it: http://www.safarasoftair.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2844

I also found a place in California that has it in imitation wood, as well as black plastic: http://www.airsoftlot.com/imitation-src-wood-akbeta-hand-guard-set-for-ak-airsoft-aeg-p-513.html#.UMLbn6V8Png

Awesome, please let us know how it turns out and how close they stick to that 3 week period. Depending on your experiance, im going to try and order a vikhr around February. On facebook they said it will come with a suppressor once it reaches the production stage.

Right there with you, February can't come soon enough! And while its not on the website right now, they used to offer the 20 round magazines in midcaps as well, and I think they'll be bringing them back once they make more. I'm just hoping they use the same gearbox in the production model as they do in the test video, as it sounds fantastic. Also, I'm just ever so slightly considering putting the Polarstar V3 in it when it comes out.