AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Aw. You know. It's science-fiction, which as we all know from experience usually has little to do with "science" and logic, specially on movie screen ;).
First of all it's meant to be looking cool, and I am pretty sure that is its  primary function :D.
But I can only be guessing, that perhaps it's  kind of programming computer for some smart ammo or so... ;)

Who cares ? :D
As someone wrote it on some sci-fi scale modeling forum: "Hey, it's Star Wars, it's cool, give me more." I believe the same aplies here in general.

Edited by MRF

Yeah and the first thing that came to my mind after seeing this trailer last week was "six months top and we'll see an airsoft replica of this AK attachement, made in China" ;).

I will get one and a Cyma cm048 then, thanks :) but I think It would look cuttier in an AKSU... just saying... :rolleyes:

lets start with the obvious. its a RDS/laser system mounted to the front sight of an AKM. i specualte that it could have a similar function to the RDS in BLOPS2 that had that sonar system where you could see through walls.

who's taking bets?

I'm going to watch that film just to see how they're going to justify that massive thing on top -_- it's made by the district 9 lot, they aren't that sloppy... their gun research for the that film was pretty decent. 

I am pretty sure movie won't give You an answer for the question what is that thing for ;).

Actually I can bet on this :D.

Any of you AK wizards know where I can stock an Aks74u wood handguard? 

It will be going on the Marui recoil version, I don't mind taking a dremel to the inside to get it to fit, just looking for somewhere that actually stocks wood kits for this model!

thanks.

all the usual suspects are out of srock or very expensive (£120 for AKSU handguards from rusmilitary.com)

Try the red-alliance forums as they turn up there sometimes for a cheaper price

A kindly member of the forums has sold me his LCT kit, I'm sure it can be modded to fit.

Next on the list is making those bright orange 'bakelite' mags look a little more authentic :)

Speaking of, here's my first attempt at a "Fakelite" paintjob for my LCT 70rd mag. Once the rest get here, I'll have 3 more like this. Also the gear marker was a silver Sharpie with a stencil.
CqoVHgKl.jpg

And a comparison to the original color
5jHmfwvl.jpg

It isn't until you see just how wrong a Kalashnikov looks with those skinny STANAGs that you start to ask whether your sterling work on the adapter was all in vain. You'd need the Large Hadron Collider to find any of the fractions of a f*** given during the assembly process of that gun...

• Like 1

holy *suitcase* gooberz, did you even try? i bet that took you like all of 5 seconds and 5 dollars to throw together (other than your half finished adapter)

It isn't until you see just how wrong a Kalashnikov looks with those skinny STANAGs that you start to ask whether your sterling work on the adapter was all in vain. You'd need the Large Hadron Collider to find any of the fractions of a f*** given during the assembly process of that gun...

Calm down fellas, it's a trollpost.

• Like 2