AK & Variants Picture Thread

I think i`d call that a variant:

I...I... WHAT?!

Also hit a snag with my PMC47 build.

How do I keep the lower hand guard in place using an ultimak style railed gas tube?

The problem is the lower hand guard currently uses the ported section of the original gas tube to retain the end cap (it's a gen 1 CYMA outer barrel, so basically an old TM clone). Obviously with the ultimak style one, it doesn't have that.

Suggestions?

Edited by T3CH
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

^Had this problem on my AK104 as well, CM031 which is TM-based. I took an old 2.0mm hex setting screw and created a screw hole large enough for screw to fit tightly on the upper part of the front handguard cap. This way the hex screw should sit flush with the top of the handguard cap, and should be strong enough to keep the handguard in place.

I could snap a picture next week for you and show how mine's setup.

^Had this problem on my AK104 as well, CM031 which is TM-based. I took an old 2.0mm hex setting screw and created a screw hole large enough for screw to fit tightly on the upper part of the front handguard cap. This way the hex screw should sit flush with the top of the handguard cap, and should be strong enough to keep the handguard in place.

I could snap a picture next week for you and show how mine's setup.

^

What he said. It's essentially pinning the handguard cap against the outer barrel using a grub screw. Another way, although requiring more precision is to pin it at the side with a smooth pin like AR-15 front sights.

Yeah that's about what I figured, except I'd thought of going down through the top of the end cap so the screw is at least partially hidden.

I found out element did a AK tactical set which included selector, charger handle and mag relase.  Just need to find a place that stocks them 

You and me both.

Also there is the APS selector but the part between the gearbox and the actual lever needs to be about 3-4 mm longer.  What is the proper name of that btw?

Edited by T3CH

Let's say that I was made an offer that made the LCT not worth waiting for. The scope is a Romanian TIP2, which relies on Tritium for illumination rather than a battery. While this means I don't have the top cover clearance issue of a normal SVD POSP, it's been several half-lives so the scope is dark.

-Piano

I agree with pkm's sentiments. The magazines are the only bad part, but supposedly this has been addressed recently and the magazines that are in production now are of a lot higher quality. Additionally, they've also improved their designs slightly over time because when I compare my VSS with the current review on Red-Alliance, the additional piece that holds the safety selector in place between the gearbox and the receiver solves the issue of the selector working its way loose rather simply and elegantly.

-Vic

Excellent, I've been keeping myself posted on NPO's Russian site, which is documenting all of the changes they've made over time, but I was partially assuming that it was worthless corporate speak that wouldn't really reflect well in the actual product.

Perhaps all this saving is gonna work out for the best in the long run, because its been driving me crazy otherwise.

• Like 1