AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

My weird TM Next Gen AK build (kinda WIP-ish state):

post-21681-0-03041000-1383892005_thumb.jpg

post-21681-0-72630900-1383892007_thumb.jpg

Got an used AK74MN (without stock) from a local forum and attached a LCT AKS74UN stock onto it.

Needed to make my own pin and few spacers from resin sheets, steel and POM rods (using lathe in my work place) and of coz some filing and dremeling then gun bluing to the stock.

And then slapped a dynamic star 104 kit and AIMS lower handguard for the weird look (I saw similar design from LCT AIMS pistol and loved the weird look) and the actual very useful foregrip. Replaceing upper handguard seems un-do-able to me so I left as-is for now, may be making a heatsink style cover some time... oh BTW I also used the original TM inner barrel, chopped and beveled using the lathe.

Lower handguard's interior and rear end needed to be dremel'd to accommdate the trunnion-ish clamp thing under outer barrel; keeping the fuse / battery holder seems requiring the wooden handguard to be too thin to use, and eats up so much space for the battery/wires so I dumped it (useless for me anyway).

Front of the lower handguard also needed to be shortened few millimeters but luckily the LCT front kit locks the handguard cap by grub screw, I would settle for the moment coz chopping and recreating the retainer shape (plus the slot for the spring) seems beyond my dremel skill.

post-21681-0-29134900-1383892071_thumb.jpg

On top of it is my Belarus-made Kobra sitting in my closet for years for some tacticoolness :P

edit: Typo

edit (again): Some grammar fixes, and forgot to mention the stock catch broken due to a minor accident during the build, I finished the stock part and let the gun leaning next to my desk, I tripped it and the catch just broke, hence the missing stock catch button and the green tape holding the broken catch against the stock.

Edited by Katotaka
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's one of the gold plated, presidential guard Tabuk Carbines from Saddam era Iraq. They were clones of the Zastava M92 (a lot of the Iraqi AKs, particularly the better quality ones, were either bought from Yugoslavia or were clones of Yugoslavian AKs.) http://www.theakforum.net/photos/tabuk-gold-2.jpg

I'm loving the look of the AK with the forward mounted Aimpoint (shocker, I've been an AR/M14 user) and I am considering either a CYMA AK105 or the GHK model. 

Is there a replica of the Ultimak forward rail? I'm not too keen on paying the cost of the whole CYMA gun for a rail. 

CYMA sells it separately, but you might have to search around some HK sites to find it. It does work very well though, I have a T1 replica on my AIMS AK, having the optic right above my hand makes putting the dot on target really fast and easy.