AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Any one pick up an E&L variant yet? Thoughts?

Handled one in a local store...

OOTB covered in machine oil that I have to wash my hands immediately when I leave the place. BTW these days here in HK are kinda cool and dry making skin easy to chap, but I felt my hands are moisten during the time :P

Extremely rigid and well-made but still very "rough". For rough I mean real work marks and even some chips and burrs are not processed and blued as-is and I almost got my finger cut by a chip still connected to the optic mount.

Didn't tried shooting so I can't say about the internals, but for the externals I would say they're so hardcore and they blew LCT away. :P

The issue with them is that they basically tried to take Chinese model externals like Real Sword's style, and make them appear Russian.  What I mean is that you have type 56 parts like the rear sight base being used for the ak74 models and whatnot, along with quite a few details that are off, yet they are being marketed as being fully realistic/exact replicas.

At least, that is the gist I get from previous discussions elsewhere.  If you want something that has the dimensions of a Real Sword but needs a bit of external work done to not look wonky, it's worth taking a look, maybe.  The svd is something some are waiting to see.

Edited by Gunmane

The issue with them is that they basically tried to take Chinese model externals like Real Sword's style, and make them appear Russian.  What I mean is that you have type 56 parts like the rear sight base being used for the ak74 models and whatnot, along with quite a few details that are off, yet they are being marketed as being fully realistic/exact replicas.

At least, that is the gist I get from previous discussions elsewhere.  If you want something that has the dimensions of a Real Sword but needs a bit of external work done to not look wonky, it's worth taking a look, maybe.  The svd is something some are waiting to see.

I'm not the detail kind, but you've just reminded me that some details look kinda weird, say the round cut on the rear sight, really stands out when I saw it...

It will make some people eyes bleed, so yes, go for it without regrets. I would add moar AFG, suppressor and Magpul for longuer lasting bleeding

BTW: I was being honest

It's posts like this one that restore my faith in Airsofters. It is nice to know I am not alone.

Also, Cool Breeze, that stock really quite suits that AK, I say go for it.

• Like 1

Swap out the flash hider for something a like a PWS FSC.

Swap out the stock for something with a MAGPUL ACS or the like.

Slap a Micro Red Dot on the Ultimak.

-Piano

A PWS FSC would look nice on it, how about a CQBcomp/Diablo flashhider on it? That would definitely make for a unique AK look. 

Isamu, just because the stock showed i have beta-project AK but wanna change the stock like this.... i think it fit this ak but collapsible AND folding...

The stock is pretty stupid for an AK, to be honest. It's designed to fold/collapse around an AR-15's buffer tube, which the AK doesn't need and only has in order to use collapsible AR-15 stocks. The original Kalashnikov folding stocks fold shorter and with much less fuss; I don't really see the benefit of using this one.

Some people might find the AK collapsible stock a bit too long without length of pull adjustment, I can see why they might use AR stock on AK. In fact some of the Spetsnaz/Alfa are rocking AK variants with magpul stock. 

Edit: sorry I meant folding stock. 

Edited by vulcand

Pure silver: With due respect, mate, this is airsoft, practicality has little to do with it. If Cool Breeze likes the stock in his AK and both are compatible, I think thats all to it

What? He asked what we thought of that configuration; I told him what I thought of it - that it's expensive, redundant and less functional that the stock it replaces - exactly as requested. I'm not bashing it, I think it just looks stupid and that he could do better. Looking cool is a big part of airsoft, but a big part of looking cool is looking like you know what you're doing; that stock on that rifle makes little sense and therefore it doesn't look like the gun of someone competent. If someone posts a request for opinion on their rifle, and they have the grenade launcher mounted on the top of their rail system, do you tell them it's brilliant because 'practicality has little to do with it and that's all there is to it', or is it pretty stupid?

Some people might find the AK collapsible stock a bit too long without length of pull adjustment, I can see why they might use AR stock on AK.

For sure, some people find the Kalashnikov folding stock uncomfortably long (or short) or insufficiently adjustable, and fit in its place a collapsing stock. But you don't fit that stock because that stock barely folds at all (so you get decreased utility compared to the standard stock) and when it does fold it might conflict with the left-hand optics rail fitted to many Kalashnikov variants. Folding the original Kalashnikov stock shaves at a rough estimate about a third of the length off the gun; this will give you less than half that. I also think that the clearly-intended-to-meet-the-rear-of-an-AR-15-receiver shape jutting below the Kalashnikov's receiver is an ugly clash of designs.

IMO, if you want a collapsible stock for the Kalashnikov that also folds, you're better off using one of the folding-buffer-tube adapters for the Kalashnikov receiver with a regular collapsible stock. If the LOP of the Kalashnikov is too long for you, I'd say you're better off modifying the existing stock to fit you than butchering the rear of the gun in particular and the style of the gun in general to fit some gimmicky folder.

Edited by PureSilver