AK & Variants Picture Thread

I'm sort of deciding that my VFC AKS74 has taken enough beating and am leaning towards a new one. Internals don't matter, as they would be getting an overhaul.

LCT or E&L?

Edit: I should probably add some caveats before you all tear each other apart.

Which is most in spec?

Which is more solid, I.e. I hear the E&L is nearly all steel.

I've never finger *fruitcage*ed an LCT, so all the goodness I hear about those is all I have to rely on.

Edited by Roland1014
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Can someone tell the source of the "E&L is refinished LCT" story? Looking by the gas blocks they are not the same, more similar to RealSword Type 56 than to LCT.

I've recently aquired an LCT AKMS (only because E&L underfolder is nowhere to be seen/announced). I must say the quality is good (better than most AEG's i have seen), but not on the pair with Real Sword (i own a RS SVD). The only "dissapointment" is that front barrel assembly is still put together with screws with fake pins (Dboys or VFC use pinned design with no screws for example).

On the other hand LCT's new gearbox internals looks way more nicer than E&L's ....

On Red Alliance they found that the selector markings are different than LCTs and therefore unlikely/impossible that they are the same. On gunfire (evidently they're E&L's *badgeress* right now) there was a side by side with a real AK, and the parts interchangeability was unprecedented.

Also for anyone interested, Fox Airsoft did a tour of the LCT factory, and it reminded me of Izhmash videos.

Visit video:

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/1239-fox-airsoft-tour-lct-airsoft-factory.html

Gunfire side by side:

http://blog.gunfire.pl/en/2013/08/23/the-replica-as-good-as-an-original/

Red Alliance thread:

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=25435.0

E&L website:

http://www.emei-landarms.com/m/index.asp#

• Like 1

Their markings might be better, but their construction-style is LCT:

thumb_2013081550718109.JPG

http://www.emei-landarms.com.hk01.51cdngo.com/UpFiles/2013/8/15/thumb_2013081550718109.JPG

I checked the possibility of interchanging the chamber’s cover – there is no possibility of doing it. The E&L’s body, and what it followed by it, the cover are longer a few mm that in the case of the original. Reason? As I managed to discover it comes to some legal regulations and the sale possibilities in the USA for example. Well, at least it is not a matter of an oversight. Nevertheless, too bad.

Utter . It's a byproduct of the gearbox design. Real Sword Type 56s don't have this issue and were sold in the US.

-Piano

Edited by PianoBlack
  • Like 2

Ooh thank you that finally answered my question. Looks like the charging handle is indeed similar to that of VFC's.

No problem. Honestly, since you're in the US, just get a LCT blaster from FoxAirsoft. You won't be raked over the coals in shipping charges and they're running deals this time of year. Sure, the E&L might have a better selector marking or whatever, but the front end construction is the same (unless they've decided to covertly go VFC construction style) and if you're spending more time looking at selector markings than using the gun, you might as well just buy a VFC if you're going to order from overseas anyways.

-Piano

Edited by PianoBlack

@ Murdoc: Like this one ?

qtne.jpg

I know for the GP30 but my target was to install one without modifying the existing replica, hence all modifications have been made on the GP30, leading to an uncorrect replica of it. It was a choice that I assumed from the beginning, but I wanted soo much to have a grenade launcher attached to this little beauty.

Hephaestus is working on the full silencer (one of the reasons why I did'nt modified the base version) and on correct mags external. It is now a question of time...

EDIT: and I forgot to add that the GP-30 is fully fonctionnal as I have used the extracting device (located on the left side) as a firing device that push the firing pin (moved from a vertical position to an horizontal position). It works flawlessly.

Edited by klh31
  • Like 1

It's been quite a long time since I logged in here... so, hi again, errybody!

First off, that OTS-14 is a beauty. I usually avoid $$ temptation, especially in gas guns these days, but... you're pressing my luck.  :)

Now onto my question/problem. I went to replace the flash hider on my relatively new CYMA (CM040D) AK-105. What ended up happening is that the anti-rotation pin retracted but now won't come out! I thought maybe I could push it out from the other end of the channel, but that seems to be blocked by another pin that I can't remove, and I'm not sure if it would work anyway. Thoughts?

Apply a little heat to the pin with one of those micro butane torches. I had a similar problem because the retailer was sloppy with whatever adhesive they used to attach the flash hider and some got into the recess for the pin. A little heat and some mechanical agitation caused it to free up.

-Piano