AK & Variants Picture Thread

hi all I will be getting some pics up of my realsword type 56 soon but have a quick question for you all. I have just had to change the motor cage due to a drop this weekend it all went ok I put the rifle back together and refitted the sling and as I picked her up off the work top I heard something drop and hit the floor . for the life of me I can not see where this has snapped off from not even sure its from the AK but thought you guys may be able to help here is the said item

WP_20140218_001.jpg

Edited by scuba stu
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Hey guys, do you know if any airsoft manufacturer makes a suppressor that fits the 24mm right hand threads you find on some AKs? Some of the PBS-1 suppressors I've seen pictures of have some kind of thread insert and it seems like the bigger thread could be 24mm but I can't be certain. I've got a G&G PBS-1 and it for sure does not fit.

Hey guys, do you know if any airsoft manufacturer makes a suppressor that fits the 24mm right hand threads you find on some AKs? Some of the PBS-1 suppressors I've seen pictures of have some kind of thread insert and it seems like the bigger thread could be 24mm but I can't be certain. I've got a G&G PBS-1 and it for sure does not fit.

If by some AKs you mean the DBoy/Kalash the -24mm (or whatever diameter it has) thread can be unscrewed and underneath you will have a standard 14mm (I can't really remember if it is cw or ccw thread) so you can use almost all airsoft suppressors/muzzle breaks/flash hiders.

Edited by Nath

You're right, VFC does seem to have made one and from what I gather Element made a clone of it as well. So there are potentially two different models that come with the big threads. I'll look around and see if I can find either one is stock anywhere.

The AK in question is an LCT AK105. The 24 mm threads are a part of the front sight post, there are no smaller threads underneath. I don't understand why LCT decided to make it like that.

http://www.actionhobbys.co.uk/PBS4-AK74-Silencer_A13FTH.aspx#.UwiXL_l_uLM

I bought this one a while ago, and pretty decent, comes with 22mm / 14mm option, I am able to screw this directly onto a GHK / VFC AKS74U, best thing about it is that I was able to easily remove all the foam and insert a tracer unit with a little tape to widen the tracer enough for a snug fit. 

That looks like what you need, should be 24mm but maybe it's a typo. LCT probably wanted to replicate the real thing as realistically as possible, so they only put the 24mm threads on the front sight, pinned over a smooth barrel, just like the real thing.

I suppose that makes sense.

Yep, the thread of a real AK is supposed to be M24x1.5. I think it's sometimes called 22mm because that's about the value you would get if you used a pair of calipers to measure an internal thread.

Thanks blobface, that does look like the thing. If it fits on a VFC then it should go on an LCT as well.

Unrelated to the above, I have a Ak74 with a top railed hand guard, i was looking at getting a kobra and peq, does anyone know if the kobra will clear the peq if top mounted?

I don't believe the Kobra would be too far ahead of the receiver cover, so you should be fine.

even if it did cover the front of the optic, you could just keep both eyes open and you'd be able to see through the obstructions. i stopped using optics, but at the end of my "swear by red dots" time, i always kept a solid, opaque cap on the front of the optic. no need to see through it completely.

12830492075_0ff4242b50_b.jpg
12830935024_84188bfdf9_b.jpg
12830504715_b1935db2ab_b.jpg

And here's my RK95 in its current form. Made to look as modern as it can nowadays. These addons resemble the parts that are currently issued. I have had them CNC made for me and few of my friends. Unfortunately these are made of unobtanium.

Here is a picture of a real RK95 with such parts: 
http://www.puolustusvoimat.fi/wcm/57b48f804c5e77c5a70def995d39929a/RK+3.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=57b48f804c5e77c5a70def995d39929a

And by the way, someone needs to sell me that G&P 4x35 (TA11) so I can complete it.
  • Like 5