AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Thats why I would only go with RS, as they make very convincing replicas.

Thinking about getting a deact and turning it into an airsoft gun. Legality very highly questionable, maybe with cooperation with local police I could find the amount of work needed to make it legal, perhaps removing the barrel and making one etc.

Modifying the G&G RK95 wont work either, as it feels very lackluster compared to the real deal and would still need a *suitcase* ton of work.

Maybe I will just go with documenting my loved one thoroughly with *suitcase* ton of high resolution pictures and someday I could go on from that.

Wow, really wet. But certainly a major improvement in 10-20 days when they dry out. :)

Obviously converting RS shells would be ideal, but for those of us that can't get them easily, or don't like the idea of spending that much extra on mags, painting them is certainly an improvement no matter what. I'll point to aznriptide's AKS, above... great looking rifle, but the mags are the first thing my eye goes to and they kill any authenticity that was there.

Fin, where on earth did you get an M83/85? I'm looking around and when they aren't OOS they're $145!

Iirc there was somebody on Red alliance a time back from Finland that had access to all kinds of kit and parts and amongst it was the plum bayonet (and mags)

If not (had it a while now, got a nice orange bakelite one as well), probably rus mil

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/cold_steel.htm

That's a very expensive option

For starters, seeing as it's an RPK and therefore a squad support weapon, I would imagine you'd wanna go full auto with that.

Even though the GHK is up for that challenge and the cool-down is pretty okay with that one, you only have about 30 rounds unless you can make a custom mag.

You'd be going through mags like crazy if you wanna compete against AEG's and other GBB's firing only at semi auto.

Also, the added full auto for a longer period of time could also wear down the internals faster. This could theoretically make your gun wear down faster, causing you to have to buy replacement parts faster than only doing it semi-auto and taking it easy with your shots.

However, if price is not an issue (and I assume it is, because you got God of All Tiers GHK) then it's absolutely awesome. How many other support weapons give you recoil when suppressing enemies? And full auto is one hell of a fun way to shoot.

Thoughts on converting a GHK AK74M into an RPK74M?

sounds a bit stupid for the reasons outlined above.. I'd be inclined to get the LCT RPK74 and a Daytona system. Not sure exactly how the two would compare in cost but I reckon that LCT+DG+Reg+mags would be pretty similar to the ghk, mags and external parts

Renagade, I just realized that save for the gp-25 and the akms' grip, I could have matched your collection on the dot.  Even got the same rifle case.

Got a steel receiver and full stock today, along with an Egyptian rear sight leaf., transferred my aks-74's guts, front end, and other bits over.  Photos and me never mix well, so warning in advance.

002_zps48077f59.jpg

• Like 1