AK & Variants Picture Thread

LCT AS VAL. 

IMAG0481_zps1c6a9480.jpg

I'll make a review thread when I have time this weekend. Battery space in the suppressor is almost nonexistent, but it looks easy enough to get some wires out the back and into a battery bag. My only other complaint is that you can't adjust the hopup without removing the dust cover, but other than that it's great! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Can you tell us how the selector switches work?

What would be the selector on an AK is just a safety. Up is on, down is fire. Fire mode is controlled by the lever behind the trigger, left is auto and right is semi. Interally is looks like the selector hits a lever on the gearbox shell which trips the cutoff lever. There is no traditional selector plate from what I can see without disassembly. I can try to get a picture of the exploded diagram later today.

it would probably be limited to semi only. I'm sure someone halfway decent with a soldering iron could rig a few switches on the shell so that the selector trips them and wire them into the fcu harness.

I'm considering a fusion engine as well. semi only honestly wouldn't bother me with 50 round mids.. a new 'motor cage' would need to be made for it to work as well.

Very nice guns and toys. How much work did you have to do to fit your handguards? I just got my AIMS, and discovered that the Serbian set (unknown original manufacture) I have is definitely not just a drop in. Didn't seem like it would take MUCH work to fit.

most hand guards involve a little cutting or sanding to make them fit. The biggest part is making the upper hand guard fit a AEG as the RS thing is a lot thicker in the inside where the fake gas pipe goes. I use a dremel to remove the excess wood and it's a bit of trial and error to get it just right.

Fitting a RS stock is another story! This is a PITA because of the metal pin that goes through most RS stocks.

Family pic. Top 3 are LCT, bottom one VFC.

What's your first hand experience of LCT vs VFC? Externally speaking, I understand the VFC doesn't have a fake trunion pin unlike the LCT, and the fire select dimple are deeper, but how else do they compare? Same amount of steel etc?

What's your first hand experience of LCT vs VFC? Externally speaking, I understand the VFC doesn't have a fake trunion pin unlike the LCT, and the fire select dimple are deeper, but how else do they compare? Same amount of steel etc?

The VFC is yes pinned, it is a bit heavier than the LCTs, might be that the body is slightly thicker. The older LCTs dont have pins. The VFC eats modded RS mags, which have the metal lip coming up. These mags wont fit in LCTs, the inside of the magwell has a different shape. Both work with MAG/TM magazines. The LCT AKMS had some problems earlier with the barrel coming off (it is attached by 2 small screws), but by making a small dents on the opposing side, the screws went deeper in and the problem vanished. The painted LCT AK105 is the NV (new version) which has pins in the gas block and front sight (dunno about earlier versions), its a very rigid model, no big difference to VFC. Pricewise the LCTs are perhaps the best AK`s out there.