AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Its a POSP too, you need to open the screws and remove the scope from the base that attaches to the receiver. Attach the base into the receiver (you might need a hammer for this) and then put the scope back again. Do you have an illuminated reticle? I removed the battery cover because it touches the top cover.

Bloodsword: Have you made any major upgrades on your lct:s ? 

Took both out for a game yesterday, both performed great but the vfc felt a tad sharper, is the lct motors crappy? 

Also, almost everywhere the say lct chronos about 400fps, mine chronoed about 270 with .28, but thats good news for me so long this is normal :) 

Ive built most of my LCT`s around kits, but the ones I have with original gearboxes, can be commented with the following (models around -13/-14):

- Good gbox shell, gears, piston, piston head, nozzle

- No bigger issues, but if I`d change something, that would be the electronics (MOSFET + deans connectors), motor and spring (for woodland games maybe Systema M120 spring)

- My RPK has also Madbull blue hop rubber in it, it hits pretty far with stock inner barrel (M130 spring)

Later on I will be putting Lonex infinite torque motor and Systema M150 spring in my VSS, so we will see how it will work. My friend has same hard *albatross*-mods in his VAL, and it sometimes misfeeds, it got fixed with the gear delay chip.

• Like 1

Nice, ill keep this for cqb and probably sell the vfc for a woodland friendly thing.. (Still in the mood for a nice underfolder :/  ) 

Removed the grip and fire selector erlier and now i cant get the damn thing into safe again, like the gearbox isnt in the correct possition or something, damn things!! 

I've never found accuracy is an issue either, once you know how an AEG shoots you should be able to line up the sites without a stock. It's like shooting a pistol but bigger. I've used an AKMS for years now, can't recall the last time I bothered with the stock. Obviously if you want to randomly blat off a few rounds from the hip it's pretty handy too and looks the part.

Edit: yes the stock angle is different, the type 56 has the old AKS stock angle whereas the AKMS puts the stock in line with the barrel. And yes, resting a stock on top of your shoulder is dumb.

Edited by ninja master of coffee
  • Like 1

I always shoot from the shoulder (by far the best way to get a decent sight picture for me at least) and I agree with Candydad - the AKMS/Type 56-1-style underfolders look awesome but are absolute hell to shoot. The cheekweld is almost unbelievably uncomfortable (though I haven't tried the Samson cheekpad), and the stocks always seem to develop a wobble eventually.

Hiawatha, the Type 56-2's ugly side-folder is supposed to be exceptionally solid and relatively comfortable, if you can get over the looks.