AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

I've got to say, I'm not sold on the Zenitco pistol grips. I like their rail system handguards (the 'Goliath' setup for the AKSU with an integrated suppressor is about as sexworthy as can be) but the pistol grip seems like it'd be very uncomfortable.

I've got to say, I'm not sold on the Zenitco pistol grips. I like their rail system handguards (the 'Goliath' setup for the AKSU with an integrated suppressor is about as sexworthy as can be) but the pistol grip seems like it'd be very uncomfortable.

Shame, in the picture it looked all cool and dandy, but if  ergonomics sucks I will pass. 

Speaking of AKSU, Asura just came out with their B-11 handguard rail copy, but at $70 you may as well get the legit Zenit for a mere $90. The upper handguard rail though is only $40+ so that's still worth it (original being well over $100).

Penny saved is a penny earned, on the other side Zenith was not very eager to shipp stuff to Poland, and now during the "embargo wars", that will be nearly impossible :/.

The B-11 looks cool, but is there the matching top piece for that? I was to go into full scale AK74, but thinking of it now mayby I will do a omgalfastyle Suchka :D (wife is gonna kill me amnyways ;)).

I'm not sure on this, but I think the top handguard rail is the same as for the B-10 and B-10M as it attaches via the side rail and not screwed on.

May as well try contacting their shop about shipping. It's owned and operated by Zenit but I guess they just changed the name to make it easier to ship stuff around.

http://www.russian-thunder.com/#!product/prd14/1683757255/rail-mounted-wire-holder

Also, apparently Zenit was supposed to come out with some kind of PTS line given how in demand their stuff is. Don't know if the stuff by Asura is it or they obtained some kind of licensing deal, but whatever the case they don't seem to mind them plastering their name on everything. Some parts come at a much bigger savings though like the B-10 grips which are $140 for the original and $88 for Asura.

Asura just came out with their B-11 handguard rail copy, but at $70 you may as well get the legit Zenit for a mere $90.

Except the real one doesn't fit without either modding the gun or the handguard :P Mine is just still sitting in a box because I decided against filing the B-11 and will mill / Dremel the receiver for it to fit. 

The big reasons to go with repros over the original is that it's really stupid difficult to find actual ZenitCo items anywhere that will actually ship internationally without massive markup. Russian Thunder's prices are stupid, as are Legion USA's. If you actually just want a product without big headaches,the TWI/Asura stuff is ready to go. That said there are still plenty of items that repros don't exist for that I wouldn't mind having.

Russian Thunder's prices are stupid

I think the prices on their taclights are stupid. But for the other accessories, considering they are authentic Zenit products for real steel, they're pretty cheap. Just looked at TWI's B-11 and was surprised they're selling their replica a good $30 more than the original. There's a Core Airsoft version too (apparntly) for a mere $40 only it seems they're only available in Japanese shops.

@ Blobface: Yes you've got it. It was a Blackviper in clear plastic.

The only advantage was the price.

All internal have been changed by standard material (I mean metal, reliable and strong enough to support our hobby): Gearbox, hop-up bloc, hop-up, precision barrell, replacement of plastic parts by metal such as sights (F&R), installation of a red-dot and grenade launcher to add some weight and a paint work (inside and outside).

Now this replica is working fine, the only outstanding issue is the weight feeling in your hands, still on the light side.

I will surely not treat this replica as I do with my LCTs, E&Ls, VFCs or NPOs

I randomly decided to google it after seeing your custom work (which btw, nice work)

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Blackviper-AK12-replica-AEG-Full-Auto-BB-Gun-in-clearl.html

..... seems legit. 

New V3 mechbox and some spray paint might make that skirmishable. Almost tempted to try.

Edited by T3CH

Not sure the plastic to be strong enough to support a moving stock. The rear of the gearbox is very close to the stock and there are really no place to create a metal support here.

The replacement of the internals (gearbox V3, hopup and barrel) was very easy.

Original:

Od4QqS.jpg

After mods and paint work:

Ai6fiZ.jpg

ezgtsz.jpg

• Like 7