AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Not sure the plastic to be strong enough to support a moving stock. The rear of the gearbox is very close to the stock and there are really no place to create a metal support here.

I would dig it with fix M4 tube, PRS stock, and long "RPK-12" config.

Nice work BTW...

Edited by Murdoc

Not sure the plastic to be strong enough to support a moving stock. The rear of the gearbox is very close to the stock and there are really no place to create a metal support here.

The replacement of the internals (gearbox V3, hopup and barrel) was very easy.

Original:

Od4QqS.jpg

Looks like plenty of room in the front end to stuff a LiPO into. As for the folding stock maybe a 3d printed adapter to fit over the original mount for the stock and shorten the current stock a bit?

If memory serves, Atacka.com were the retailer partnering up with Izhmash to bring these to market - but looking at their online store, can't see any mention of them. I'm guessing a standard run-of-the-mill dispute between the two companies resulted in a termination of their agreement.

well, probably not atacka as much as NPO. atacka just distributes niche russian guns from NPO, Gletcher/WG, and all that over here in the US. you can look through their website http://npoaeg.ru/

but then again, atacka is kinda *suitcase* at letting people know what's going on.

Edited by Horsem4n

it's the same AEG made in black. I suspect there is an OEM and Well and Blackviper are 3rd parties or BV are another name for Well.

I've ordered one (transparent) to see what I can do. So far I'm looking at 3Ding a new flash hider, making a more realistic stock along with stripping the internals and fitting a mosfet'd metal V3 gearbox, new hop unit and inner barrel. I think there is enough room at the back of the receiver to make the folding stock a working model and I'll have a look at the mag release when it turns up. I think it's possible to make a working push button like the real thing.

The other thing I'll be looking at is making it easy to change batteries as this will move to the top of the gearbox instead of the stock.

Got the Zenit pistol grip as well but I don't really like it after putting it on, so reverted back to Bakelite. GHK based Zenit built! 

Nice.  Detail on the grip/light combo please?  I've seen them around but don't know their name, availability e.t.c.

It's the Zenit B-11 handguard, B-16 Rail extension, RK-0 Foregrip and 2P Klesh light. All from Russian Thunder.

One thing worth keeping in mind is that the GHK AKS74U handguard retainer is cast steel instead of stamped like you'd find on real ones, which means it's significantly thicker, and the B-16 rail extension isn't able to clamp on the handguard while clearing the retainer, I bought a d-boy one from WGC just now so when it arrives I hope that it will be thinner and would work with it, right now the retainer is just wedged there between the gas block and the handguard, but due to the lack of extra space the handguard is hanging on there pretty securely. 

Edited by blobface