AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Kazakhstan magic it is.

Russian forces themselves have enough as it is in terms of (in various mindsets) unorthodox weapons to be used in place of a masterkey. 

Of course, the real answer is they just punch out door locks and everything within their range, or use a shovel.

• Like 1

BBM: I think it should with a little help of a filea little oil and sweat and the cyma reciever is very nice lookingp3120031g.jpg

The beauty; the beauty....

Very nice subtle weathering work there btw- painted or just steel wool? My dboys had a poor finish so I had to strip and reblue major parts to get a finish like that.

Just a suggestion,but maybe a chromed or stripped bolt carrier would really make that pop..not sure if its "kosher" for the modern variant though.

Jeebus is the one you're working on for the WELL one?

yup the WELL and clear plastic one are the same AEG.

Shapeways have finished the new flash hider and flake selector and they should arrive in the UK in a week or 2. So far the stock is going to be around 14 pieces and if all goes well the stock catch will work so that the stock can open and close.

I'm going to produce the stock catch that sits on either side of the receiver near the magwell so that the stock can stay folded. I've also been thinking about making a longer front sight as the current one looks a bit short and the bayonet lug is in the wrong place. The last thing on my list is to make a new fake bolt that uses the parts inside the AEG shell but has the handle in the right place and can be cocked back and forth.

Here's a couple of pictures to show the stock parts. The cheek piece should be adjustable along with the stock pad when it's finished.

ak12parts_zps54372dc3.jpg

ak12stockunfinished_zps1fc5a557.jpg

• Like 1

The only ak12 ive seen has been by "Blackviper" 0robably a simple rebrand job.

^I didnt know they had the "family" '12 rifles, but if they did get the contract i guess it wd be inevitable.

For me its the '74, and my project atm is filling a major gap in the family: a carbine. Theres the smg size aks74u, then the rifle but no m4 style carbine. It basically ammounts to fitting a longer barrel and gas tube and the 74 flashider. Ive seen some stainless modular barrel sets, I think 14 inch or so should do it. Love the aks74u but imho without a nice bit of barrel and gas tube it just isnt quite as mencing as the rifles.

The Blackviper clear Ak12 works out at about $105. As for a mid sized AK then you might want to check out the AK104 or 105

Im actually thinking of getting the '12, just for novelties sake as ive had an unexpected winfall...Clearly its not gonna be ptw grade, but is the plastic decent quLity ie not brittle abs thats lite asa feather? Well, I can fford this, the bison svd, and ive haggled a trader down to 80 kwid for a jg a47 (advertised as SVD, but clearly a marksman variant ak47( the tanker stocks, selector, and furniture are pure ak)...which of these three wd be best?