AK & Variants Picture Thread

Naa its the KA, I looked at the G&G but the wonky barrel opening really put me off.

The King Arms is alright but truthfully I kinda wish I was able to get the LCT version, that way I could actually get some mags.....because KA are really taking the with the wait for their midcaps....

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Beautiful gun there, particularly that nice stock. Ill have 2 read up more on the vitnorez i only discovered it recently....its got ak "genes" for sure, or maybe its closer to an SVD? All you need is a 6P9 and youre a KGB GRU operator.... awesome.

looks like I might have to get the LCT then.

Dont get me wrong the King Arms is a decent gun for the price, and its solid as a rock. Its just the current lack of mag variety that let it down.

The annoying thing is that KA have posted CAD images of their short and long midcaps on facebook about 6 months ago, plus they've been teasing with actual photos (below) as well. They just have yet to actually materialize..... which is a real pain......because I really hate highcaps.

10464268_10152942423628047_5835562045109

1511362_10152740237973047_56032160714350

Hell if I could get my hands on the actual CAD file, I'd have a couple 3d printed from somewhere =/ 

Edited by -Drake-
  • Like 1

Yeah this is what i meant when i said theyre the go to brand; its for those on a tight budget (which I was when I brought my first AK its "cyma this and cyma that"-even the licensed Kalashnikov aegs are cyma, and the aks74u looks very impressive, externally at least. A £120 AK wont stand up to a Real Sword, of course.

I was going to get the micro dot but ive just seen this new sight on ebay called the "Kobra" its almost £50 but it seems to be modelled on a real soviet scope; are these any good?

I recommended cyma as a very good entry-level brand. I've run 4 of their AKs over the years, from their cheapest 027 to the top-end 040 model, and I've been pretty impressed with all of them... for the price. DBoys are getting harder to find and were the only real competition in that sector of the market. Are JG any good? I dunno. I've never had one. I don't have a very positive impression of the brand overall, but who knows. I do know that their actual designs are pretty *suitcasey* in the reality department, but given that you're buying a "sniperized AK" that may not be a concern of yours. That's why I asked what you're trying to do. There's a wide range of people on here from speedsofters to die-hard impressionists, and their needs are different.

Kobra sights are fairly low-quality red-dots that have been obsolete for at least a decade. They do look kinda neat though. If you're going to get one, at least get a real one.

Kobra sights are fairly low-quality red-dots that have been obsolete for at least a decade. They do look kinda neat though. If you're going to get one, at least get a real one.

Yeah agreed, I have the real one, and to be honest, even for airsoft use it's not great if you play outdoor, I'm not entirely convinced by how the adjustment dials work, it's not very.. Russian, it's quite fiddly to re-zero and the flaps come loose easily, also the channel above where the diode screen is is designed perfectly for water to run down, so if it's raining, you'll find yourself losing the reticle quite quickly as the window is swimming in water. That said, it does look nice, and it's easy to add screen protector without ruining the look by putting something in between the sun hood and the lens. 

Edited by blobface

its odd, finally owning a gun that actually works really well.

IMG_20150129_212651_089_zpsowxcziq6.jpg

IMG_20150129_212840_687_zpsolkdumfu.jpg

all the other info you'd want to know about it is in my FS topic:

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/214301-ttw-wts-realsword-type-56-2-upgraded/

IMG_20150129_221713_962_zpseoyjb9lt.jpg

im sad this one came out blurry. i wonder why i didnt notice that befor?

Nice jg skorpion there; I got the well myself and the quality is inferior. I dont have a camera on this pad, but I got a JG a47 sniper rifle, and its a strange gun; an ak47 made love to an SVD in a nutshell...an AK receiver and tanker mag, with a dragunov stock,

Flashider. Its ok, but the receiver is non-standard with no stock mounting point .so i cant really do any conversions with it (i wanted to change it to an RPK.)

Will an SVD mag fit an ak47 magwell?

Also, nice AK there with the synthetic handguard.

This should be the last pictures before the real thing. 16 parts in total and as near to the real thing as I could make it.

All 16 parts:

What it should look like when printed:

hnnng dammit Jebus, this in't helping my 'attempt' to budget at all.

REALLY eyeing up those lpeg AK12's and various bits to make the family now.

DAMN YOU :D

Edited by T3CH

3d parts are something ive discoverd...VERY exciting IMO; this could be the future of the sport, seeing as our guns dont need to handle a real cartridge. Have you printed parts before? I ask because i may be getting a vector 3. I know you need files but can the printer scan and duplicate parts? The china clones brought decent aegs to the masses, but man, can you imagine say 5 years down the line when printers become a household appliance...?

Will an SVD mag fit an ak47 magwell?

Also, nice AK there with the synthetic handguard.

In a word, no. The SVD takes a much longer cartridge than the AK47 (7.62x54mm for SVD vs 7.62x39mm for the AK) so the magazine is longer. You could swap the receiver for something a bit more standard, maybe even try making something like an Iraqi Tabuk rifle. Edited by ninja master of coffee

Thats actually very useful to know; Ive got my eye on quite a few LPEGS, some are not from renowned makers-I know a cheap gun can be reinforced and finished to high-end external standards with little outlay (epoxy resins, "liquid metal", etc, but knowing these things are drop ins is pretty useful. Good lookin weapons are all well and good, but its all about skirmish-ability imo

Might be possible, but what's the point? You would spend less money and a lot less time just buying something with high-end externals in the first place. I promise you you won't regret it.

But then again, I manage to do things like this to my guns, so high-end externals are a pretty important part of "skirmishability" to me.

HK416_0613_1040759.jpg

• Like 1