AK & Variants Picture Thread

Oh for sure i mean ive got an ics m4 ris its not exactly high spec and tbh soke of their use of cheap abs plastic is frigging horrible, but the modular gearbox and spring release are innovative but yeah quality iron just feels different; almost has an aura lol 'specially the menacing "black rifle". You dont get that with poorly moulded, dirt-cheap toys.

I kept it a stock shooter as per advice (Btw im now in a serious soviet fetishist phase and I wld literally sell my soul for a realsword type 56 carbine) but i am on a budget, so ive had to go for a jg or a dboys, when I'd love to just put 3 figures into an LCT.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

serious soviet fetishist phase and I wld literally sell my soul for a realsword type 56 carbine

Don't take this the wrong way, but you really ought to slow down, ask some questions, and learn a few things from the various people here who know their stuff. Realsword make some superb quality rifles – but none that are even remotely correct for a "soviet fetishist" of any kind. 

• Like 3

Early on in this "heated" topic there someone examined one of their replicas and the rear sight block being essentially from a type 56.

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=25435.25

Sure, you could try to put on a real sight block as a replacement, but have fun trying to.  There are some stories later on in that thread about people trying to take them down with bad results, and other stories about the horrible finishes.  Of course, there are others who quickly say "best replica ever!" in a sense.

Honestly I wouldn't be bothered to get one, but then again, I am fine with what I have already and know the limits of what I have, unlike E&L that still after all this time has no solid base in the minds of the majority.  Quite a few folks seem to love them though.

Also the quality of finish is superb. I saw a doc on Russia Today about the AK47 and a significant part was spent on the '74m and Izmash concern. Anyway, towards the end of the show its revealed the ak factory staff play airsoft, and they make AK74M aegs using the same tooling

, materials etc; does anybody know if these are availavle on the commercial market? I mean RS firearm companies lending their tradwmark to subpar airsoft gujs is getting v annoying, so to own an Am74M actually made at Izmash would be well exciting...

Also the quality of finish is superb. I saw a doc on Russia Today about the AK47 and a significant part was spent on the '74m and Izmash concern. Anyway, towards the end of the show its revealed the ak factory staff play airsoft, and they make AK74M aegs using the same tooling

, materials etc; does anybody know if these are availavle on the commercial market? I mean RS firearm companies lending their tradwmark to subpar airsoft gujs is getting v annoying, so to own an Am74M actually made at Izmash would be well exciting...

Well, seems my memory wasn't too messed up, so........... how about this:

The story you mentioned sounds very similar to what I heard / read of, 2 brands which one starts with an R and the other starts with an E, if you know what I mean :P

If it's true that the factories happened to produce, have the same tooling, or handle the other products, I would say their AEGs are what you're looking for.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Katotaka

Don't take this the wrong way, but you really ought to slow down, ask some questions, and learn a few things from the various people here who know their stuff. Realsword make some superb quality rifles – but none that are even remotely correct for a "soviet fetishist" of any kind.

Yeah i do hear you, I guess what i was saying was a realsword would be my "dream" gun the type 56 in particular, for some its a systema, a PTS et but ive been listening to a lot of threads on AKs, and I think to really nail the soviet look a bit of diy goes a long way, inc old fashioned wood work and weathering; eg I've yet to find a '74 mag no matter what the price that has that trademark marbled look, that "fakelite" look is something ive had to do myself. I was looking at some ICS AK74s in the shop and theyre quality cant deny it, but imo a box-fresh '74 just looks wrong somehow-I like extensive weathering. Ironically, I keep my m4 boxfresh and hate seeing a scratch on the thing, let alone a bit of rust...

I dont know much about differences in GBB and AEG AKs, but does anyone know if I can put this into a cyma AK (cm040)?

http://rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=20198&cateId=153

kit_1021_01.jpg

I don't know man, it's different tan regular AEG stock attachment, what with that curved thingy, but maybe it still fits or can be adapted.

http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/images/Dboys-AK74-S-metal-body-detail3.jpg

http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/dboys_acc_k13_m.jpg

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/d-boys-aks-kalash-folding-stock-for-ak.html#.VNOynrc5Bdg

• Like 1

I don't know man, it's different tan regular AEG stock attachment, what with that curved thingy, but maybe it still fits or can be adapted.

http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/images/Dboys-AK74-S-metal-body-detail3.jpg

http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/dboys_acc_k13_m.jpg

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/d-boys-aks-kalash-folding-stock-for-ak.html#.VNOynrc5Bdg

Thanks for the input mate, I think I will look for a cheap body and test it as soon as posible to try and build a Rifle dinamics AK ^_^U

I dont know much about differences in GBB and AEG AKs, but does anyone know if I can put this into a cyma AK (cm040)?

http://rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=20198&cateId=153

kit_1021_01.jpg

In theory, yes. In practice... dunno. Might require modification or just not work at all.

If you really want to build a Rifle Dynamics rifle, though, you should start from a fixed-stock model. AFAIK all RD rifles are fixed stock.

Very nice, Candydad. Also digging that eunuch'd AIMS.

?

Yeah i do hear you, I guess what i was saying was a realsword would be my "dream" gun the type 56 in particular, for some its a systema, a PTS et but ive been listening to a lot of threads on AKs, and I think to really nail the soviet look a bit of diy goes a long way, inc old fashioned wood work and weathering; eg I've yet to find a '74 mag no matter what the price that has that trademark marbled look, that "fakelite" look is something ive had to do myself. I was looking at some ICS AK74s in the shop and theyre quality cant deny it, but imo a box-fresh '74 just looks wrong somehow-I like extensive weathering. Ironically, I keep my m4 boxfresh and hate seeing a scratch on the thing, let alone a bit of rust...

Again, I'm not sure if you're even talking about the same thing, but Realsword makes only Asian AKs, not Russian. And none of them were ever 5.45mm IIRC, so the whole question of bakelite mags confuses me too. But there are numerous guides on staining your mags to look like bakelite. I've done them and they look acceptable. If that's still not good enough, plenty of hardcore people buy real magazines and modify them to take G&P midcap internals. Gets costly, but if you're that demanding on appearance, there's no other way.

As for weathered AKs, you'd probably like some of my older ones. 

AK47_0811_0024.jpg

(the "wood" on this one looks way too clean, in retrospect. I should have banged it up more.)

AK74_0514_0056.jpg

(earlier, not very good attempt at fakelite magazine. Of course it's not quite that bright in real life.)

My latest one is an ultra-clean perfectly black 2014 FSB Alfa-as-*fruitcage* AK74M, though. Feels weird not to paint it or bang it up in any way.

• Like 1

In theory, yes. In practice... dunno. Might require modification or just not work at all.

If you really want to build a Rifle Dynamics rifle, though, you should start from a fixed-stock model. AFAIK all RD rifles are fixed stock.

Thanks mate! I will be going for the CM040j then and... yes, RD AKs have fixed stocks, it is just a "creative license" :lol:

This will be a long term project since im leaving behind rifleman role, but those RD AKs look awesome

Edited by Isamu