AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

turned out quite good :)

any issues with the fitting?

Nope! Fitting on the outer barrel was a little loose, but some painters tape fixed that up fine. Also had to stabilize the inner barrel with painters tape as well, but overall it fit perfectly.

What optic is that?

Element MRDS on a ACM LaRue Irondot mount.

A quick question on top covers, I've recently purchased a CM 040c (AK74m) which I'm running as an AK 103. My only issue is that CYMA insist on using the ribbed style top covers which is wrong for either the AK74m and AK 103 (though you so see the former with ribbed covers on occasion). It's not a massive bother but it would be nice to get a more correct smooth top cover, CYMA seem to use their usual AK47 covers on their AK105/CM 040d and I might just pick one of these up and paint it black unless there are better options. Cheers.

Im pretty sure ive seen smooth dustcovers by dboys, i personally am building a blinged out aks74u and used a belt grinder to really polish it, and noticed it will take those ridges totally flat with very little effort at all, as the dboy cover i used is some type of alloy not pure steel, but it should work on any as those grinders are srsly aggrssive-be careful.

Posted this in the "in the field" thread but it's also a pretty good look at my rifle. 16628428901_6f7a49f98f_b.jpg

Well done mate-I saw your idea from the beginning and tbh thoght it would take months ne years but its vsry good work and one of a kind.

I've recently brought some 74m furniture in plum but the colour just doesnt look like the RS service rifles colour....can anyone reccomend a decent "plum" spray paint? The closest match ive found has been a burgundy fabric dye but no way will that stick to tge textured polymer.

1. 47 mags are the easiest since they're all metal. 74 mags, if they're Russian at least, will have a metal lip to reinforce and not screw it up. I don't suggest working with Magpul 47 mags - their lips aren't that great (especially since you hack off more than half of it).

2. File the inside down a LOT (at least for plastic mags). Mag internals will refuse to go in until the shell is properly hollowed out.

Sticky is below, but the pics are gone :(

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=8774.0

I had some spare Magpul rail segments lying around so I ended up tacking one on my Echo1 Bolt to try to replicate a Krinkov optic mount. It's not perfect in the least bit but at least it's solid and relatively straight. Just right for airsoft lol...

photo2_zpsbcd38b84.jpg

photo2_zps39ef5f36.jpg

photo3_zpsa214cfb1.jpg

Edited by Roecar
  • Like 3

I'm not 100% sure we're talking about the same rail, but this is the one I'm thinking of (below the suppressor)

I'm not sure either. That kinda looks like it comes straight out from the rail, whereas the B-9 jogs upward toward the cleaning rod.

That suppressor also looks like a smaller diameter than the one you had.