AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

cheers fro the links...any idea what it means by butt size...do I really need to measure my butt to order some trousers?

Yes, I was surprised too, I just measured the maximum perimeter, at the height of the butt, of one pair of G3 which fits me perfectly.

That's from quite a while ago, in my "didn't know better" phase. However, I still use it, at night. It's functional. When I can afford to replace it with a real Persht, I will.

Meanwhile, "Russians" in woodland camo and fake, non-multicam Cryes will continue to make me sad. I understand people play the game with different perspectives on "authenticity" but if you're gonna bother to get actual Russian camo seems like you might as well also take the time to get it right or at least passable.  :shrug:

My perspective on 'authenticity' is very simple:  I have none.  If I could give less than zero *fruitcage*s about looking 'correct', I really really would.  If that makes you sad, then sorry but you'd better avoid the internet because I am going to continue posting stuff you don't like.  I know I'm not the only one.

• Like 4

Yeah... the only "correct" gear is up to the person who owns it, perhaps when you attend an event where everyone is making an effort, then it would be a little disrespectful to not at least try your best to be authentic, but outside of such rare occasions? Just do whatever you want, the same reason why you put a DBAL on a AK105 because it's functional, some knee pads in your favourite camo just happens to be functional, and in this case pretty unique. 

That's from quite a while ago, in my "didn't know better" phase. However, I still use it, at night. It's functional. When I can afford to replace it with a real Persht, I will.

Meanwhile, "Russians" in woodland camo and fake, non-multicam Cryes will continue to make me sad. I understand people play the game with different perspectives on "authenticity" but if you're gonna bother to get actual Russian camo seems like you might as well also take the time to get it right or at least passable.  :shrug:

Maybe I'm wrong but the only way a camo can be wrong if it doesn't fit the environment it is used in

Using Crye kneepads in an outdated camo that most likely hasn't been issued in years? I kinda doubt it, but whatever. My experience for the last several years is almost 100% attending events where people are expected to make an effort at authenticity, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to have rustled some feathers with my outvoted opinions.

opinions are a bit like a-holes. everyone has one and you are entitled to your views. As for authentic loadouts then I have one or 2 and I do actually have 2 sets of partizan camo already (gorka style and sniper suit) but as I'm an old git having a set or gorka trousers with knee pads will make life a bit more comfortable.

Using Crye kneepads in an outdated camo that most likely hasn't been issued in years? I kinda doubt it, but whatever. My experience for the last several years is almost 100% attending events where people are expected to make an effort at authenticity, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to have rustled some feathers with my outvoted opinions.

Sorry to say but you have spent the last few years in a bubble!!

I'm going to get a set too.

Cheers.

Edited by Skarclaw

I know that ss summer combat pants are not used, and I have the standar partizan pants which I use when I am supposed to dress "correctly". But has others say, I like ss summer camo pattern and the confort of the integrated kneepads. Anyway, seeing SVDs with custom fited RIS and combat attacs uniforms used by real units I don't get the point on being so "correct".

• Like 1

I know that ss summer combat pants are not used, and I have the standar partizan pants which I use when I am supposed to dress "correctly". But has others say, I like ss summer camo pattern and the confort of the integrated kneepads. Anyway, seeing SVDs with custom fited RIS and combat attacs uniforms used by real units I don't get the point on being so "correct".

Uh, well, if real units are using it, then that's "correct," isn't it? If real units were using partisan pants with kneepads we would never have had this conversation!

I have indeed been living in a bubble, I suppose, and part of that is constantly dealing with people who want to be in the bubble but also want to poison it with their ideas of what's good about the bubble or not. That's not how that works. However you're right that my perspective is limited in that regard. Sorry for bringing the drama.

You must not pay attention to Russian gear much...SS Leto is used plenty. 

• Like 1