AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Apparently, and that's from a friend who was deployed in Mali, a lot of accessories mounted on rebels' guns are ACM airsoft parts...

Oh there's no doubt.  There's an epic amount of ACM gear (camo, armour carriers etc) floating around Iraq and Syria and the like now, it's super obvious when you look at the pictures.  If they've got modern, western looking scopes and grips in said pictures it's going to be chinese clone stuff meant for the airsoft market.  The SF M900 style light in the first picture for example, not a SureFire and most certainly something I've seen at airsoft shops.

Edited by CKinnerley

I mean, I wonder how many of these guys are really frontline fighters. Or maybe they just don't have time to care.

Probably the latter... I mean for us *suitcase* like scopes etc is a hobby... for them, it's not. Here's a vid which is very much the frontline... AK malfunctions but aimpoint (clone?) on a cover mount seems to be ok... 

edit: also an acog, again dunno if clone or not

Edited by Skarclaw

Oh there's no doubt.  There's an epic amount of ACM gear (camo, armour carriers etc) floating around Iraq and Syria and the like now, it's super obvious when you look at the pictures.

Slightly off topic for AKs, but even Iraqi Special forces are using cloned rails, grips etc to get around import issues of real kit - nice article here:

http://armamentresearch.com/isof-arms-equipment-part-1-personal-equipment/

I have problem with my PTS Palm battlegrip when i fit it to my G&G RK74 CQB the saftey is not working.

Didnt work on my Cyma either.

Do you guys have any tips on a nice tactical grip for my AK?

By tactical grip, you mean, the main pistol grip? Not a front grip, right?

If so, I used to have an AMD65 grip on my former AK104. Very nice, very smooth and much more comfortable than the regular AK grip.

660065IGP8971.jpg

• Like 1

Sadly the same regulate mount doesn't work for the SVD. It slides on, although not all the way because of the stopper location and design. That's normal.

But it hasn't got enough movement in the add ons to centre it over the rifle. It's useable, but I'll have to get an SVD specific mount for using my vision king

ebd42349d36203e49faba3833d1eea80.jpg

12a7975511d1d500704b1e2366843fdb.jpg

Edited by Got Wood?