AK & Variants Picture Thread

The china pso-1 I handled recently (attached to a Galil for a friend) needed modification with the bulb housing below as it was also hitting the dust cover. Otherwise seemed fine to be but I've read of other people complaining about theirs getting messed up with recoil mostly with the reticle starting to turn around or the illumination conking out.

The one in your 2nd link is also a PK-A I believe but the version with POSP style turrets. Has a different thingy at the bottom which looks spot on with the real one so should go right on an AK.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Gas or Electric?

AKM_zpsglz5b3fq.jpg

AKM1_zpsljs1gwo5.jpg

Electric. It's the new ARES slim high torque AK V3 gearbox motor. The grip is the same size as a RS pistol grip.

Ares%20motor_zpsspicfjwe.jpg

Is it short as a real one or just slim like a real one? Thinking if it would be possible to mod a real grip with it.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone cares, I splurged on the ARES AK motor and it can hardly pull an M110...it's like an lpeg and it frequently locks up, requiring the armature to be hand cycled once or twice.

Weak magnets, bad coiling/whatever, and motor height adjustment has 6 settings rather than just a screw.

That's disappointing. I knew there must be tradeoffs but that doesn't sound worth even toying with.

If anyone cares, I splurged on the ARES AK motor and it can hardly pull an M110...it's like an lpeg and it frequently locks up, requiring the armature to be hand cycled once or twice.

Weak magnets, bad coiling/whatever, and motor height adjustment has 6 settings rather than just a screw.

I'm sorry to hear that, man, which motor did you get? the high torque or the super high torque? I believe there are two versions of them, did you use a 11.1v lipo?

This guy makes a nice comparison between motors

I'm sorry to hear that, man, which motor did you get? the high torque or the super high torque? I believe there are two versions of them, did you use a 11.1v lipo?

This guy makes a nice comparison between motors

Just high torque as that's all available at the time. Tested with 7.4v and 11.1v, wasn't a battery thing. Motor would be fine with an M90 spring but that's it probably.

Edited by vorpalbunnie
  • 1 month later...

Just to add my experience of the ares slim ' high torque ' motor grips.

Ive installed one on my main AK which has a m140 spring, short stroked 6 teeth or so.( 330fps ) Running 11.1v Lipo and a titan mosfet.

I noticed next to no difference compared to the shs/rocket torque motor which was installed.

Im building another with the same motor and high speed gears, titan etc. Will report back when thats done :)

After drifting about last night looking at Bizon videos and what is still up on shops late last night, I had a stupid idea I had to do today.  There was a video of a fellow putting zenitco parts on a S&T branded Bizon type 2, and as I watched I thought "I have an ak74mn dboys gathering dust, and a cyma branded bizon in the closet, let's do something silly."

vvtTPQ0.jpg

Had to use the pin from the original bizon stock in order to get it to sit properly for receiver cover to stay on properly.  Locks in but will unlatch itself with enough force, and naturally folding it is useless.  Still, gave me a bit of amusement, imagining what other folding stocks would like on it, like those folding rpk style ones.

Bit of a shame the pps type 3 version never got proper midcaps for them.  Watching vids of the top folding stock was fascinating, and they seem to be quite cheap even stateside, and some oversea shops even have kits for them.  Makes me ponder now if the stock would fit the longer type 2 models like mine, since as far as I can tell it doesn't rely on anything up top to retain it, but it most likely does in reality.

• Like 3

Still want to get a carbine length kalash one of these days, even though I have too many kalashes as it is.  Should just find a front end somewhere for my old dboys.

Now that I think about it some more, pretty sure the pps type 3 stock would fit, but the cost of importing one would be a bit much just to try it, and getting another bizon seems a bit much.

Hmm, you're right. The lower Handguard was very loose when I got it, there was about 2-3mm of play which I fixed using tin foil. I'll see if I can straighten it. The cleaning rod however is just loose, it slides out of place very easily, nothing a bit of tape/bending won't fix. Thanks for pointing it out!

Edited by sirrith