AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Yeah, CYMA 140 round mid. They're excellent magazines, though like any mid they need a little bit of breaking in to start with, (just half load them and give them a bit of a wack if they don't feed.) After that they feed very well.
Darklite, what brand is that AK and do you know of the fore grips are sold separately? Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

MVIMG-20190123-110844.jpg

MVIMG-20190123-121624.jpg

Same GHK gun but with the latest W&S full travel one piece steel bolt carrier installed, it has a few updates, includes a more realistic recoil spring, and the bolt is fully captive with the spring in place so it won't "jump out" of the receiver rails causing damage to either receiver or bolt carrier. 

For those wondering what this monstrosity is, I've been playing too much Escape from Tarkov. 

• Like 9

I've had two now, the original W&S kit which works for normal GHK bolt, and this one which comes with everything you need. 

I've only been to one game with the older W&S full travel kit and it works well enough for me to run through a whole day on green gas, it wasn't winter though so average temp was around 12°. 

This kicks noticeable harder than what I originally had on, with the Hephaestus heavy recoil kit, the bolt carrier with gas piston weighed 345g (I don't have the original gas piston lying around anymore to weigh that combination), this full steel bolt carrier with piston weighs 439g (both with nozzle). I would definitely recommend either using Guarder black gas or DH for the full experience in colder weather, given that if you're getting the full travel kit you're after that extra bit of realism anyway.

When I tested this on a DH mag, the kick is really great, I will try to get it on video to maybe compare the gas types. 

I think one of the issues is that the gas block and gas tube on an AK-12 are a very different design to previous AK generations, so it couldn't be a drop in fit. I suspect the AK-200 furniture is as modern as you can get on an AK-74/AK-100 series as a lot of stuff has been kept the same (so far as actually Russian designed stuff goes, there's obviously loads of US designed parts). I'm sure LCT will bring out a complete AK-12 and AK-15 series replica in time, it's probable they're biding their time though given that it hasn't been properly adopted into Russian military service so the chance of design changes is fairly high. Avoiding what happened with NPO when they jumped the gun and produced an AK-12 model that more or less immediately got replaced is probably a big concern. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ninja master of coffee said:

it's probable they're biding their time though given that it hasn't been properly adopted into Russian military service so the chance of design changes is fairly high

Wut? They have been officially adopted by the Russian military, and chances of changes at this point is close to zero

MVIMG-20190130-154329.jpg

This is something that has been very long in the making, thanks to Jim of LCs Engineering for performing the black magic. 

KWA ERG AK74 surgically transplanted into a E&L Steel body, everything you see externally is from the steel kit, only internals of the ERG was used, it was far from a drop in conversion but after the work, most things are now AEG standardised so parts can still be switched out, has a Tula 10000 rail fixed to the (spare) dust cover, with a PK-06 on top. This has a mild recoil sensation, I'd say similar to TM gen 1 recoil (Think TM recoil AK or G36, weaker than TM SOPMOD), has stop on empty, and requires charging of the bolt to reactivate upon putting in a fresh mag. 

Accompanying the AK74M is a Ghost Island full steel Makarov PMM with rs Bakelite grip. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Dimitri MdP said:

Wut? They have been officially adopted by the Russian military, and chances of changes at this point is close to zero

I thought they were technically adopted but no significant deliveries had been made, as in, they're still being manufactured and exact numbers that will be bought aren't certain yet. In any case, I imagine the R&D time for a completely new replica would be significant and I can see LCT wanting the design to be a sure thing. I mean, you may well be right that no more changes are made, but given the somewhat troubled development history I can see why believing it when they see it would be a sensible plan. 

On 1/30/2019 at 6:34 PM, ninja master of coffee said:

I thought they were technically adopted but no significant deliveries had been made, as in, they're still being manufactured and exact numbers that will be bought aren't certain yet.

Pretty much the only thing you can guarantee is that they're going to buy barely any of them, just like pretty much everything else in the post-Soviet era. MP-443, AN-94, AK-105, A-545 and A-762, AK-15, R-77-1, K-77M, Su-57, T-14, the YasenLada- and Admiral Gorshkov-classes... The list of things Russia has 'adopted' and then couldn't afford to actually buy in meaningful numbers is basically endless.

By the time Russia can afford to replace the literal millions of AK-74s it has stockpiled it'll probably be with phased plasma rifles in the 40W range.

Edited by PureSilver
  • Like 3
43 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

Pretty much the only thing you can guarantee is that they're going to buy barely any of them, just like pretty much everything else in the post-Soviet era

The 74M is post-soviet and is the most common rifle in any deployment, the previous AK-74, AKS-74 and most other variants can be seen a lot in training but they are long gone from actual service. 

The plan is to modernise most of those guns to the 74M3 spec (which is something airsoft manufacturers could easily do as well) and get any new production in the AK-12 / 15 variant. They are already making their way to the units and are gonna be the most common in a decade. This is no AN-94.

74M was a soviet program to Modernise the rifle and was carried forward under the Russian Federation when the cold war ended.

AK-12 and 15 finished troop trials at the end of 2017 and officially adopted as the new infantry rifle for the Russian Federation however it has only been seen in limited numbers, possibly down to financial reasons.

Qatar armed forces have purchased 800 AK-12's for their army and these have been delivered and seen at a parade recently in Qatar.

I haven't seen any info on the AK-12 appearing in Syria yet as most of the RUS SF seem to be running the AK-74M Gen2 rifles at the moment.