AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

I've found one for £205 at gunfire.pl which is free postage and there'll be no import fees which seems the best way to go right now.  Just wondering if someone can give me a few thoughts on the system. I'll be running it as an AEG until the new year until I decide to go with a full blown fusion engine or use one of P*s drop in Project X systems when they're released soon. 

I don't know whether they are replicas, but Candydad's was a Trijicon SRS, RC's a Meprolight 21. 

Thanks, and wow, did not know they were both so pricey...

I'm toying up the idea of getting an AKSU for a new Polarstar build.. what are peoples opinions of the E&L? I've heard good things so far but there's not a great deal online to be found!

I really like my E&L AKSU.  Got it a few weeks back on sale.  It isn't completely problem free; my anti-reversal latch snapped after less than 10 shots, and the stock piston was showing some wear already on the plastic teeth, so I replaced both of those and downgraded to a 1J spring.  The plastic part of the battery connector also came off, but it can just be pushed back on.  Externally however, it is pretty darned great.  The top cover release button is troublesome at first and refuses to pop back out when you close the receiver, but after repeatedly slamming the receiver down and getting it to pop out, it starts getting easier as the edges get smoother.  I'll post a short writeup in the coming week(s) once I have the time and motivation to take some photos. 

Edited by sirrith

That does not help dispel my recent re-interest in getting one of those.  I remember using the Bizon all the time in every old shooter it was in, even if the situation did not warrant one.  It's a shame that out the recent ones (S&T and the plastic fantastic acm one rebranded by E1), they forgot the front sling attachment.

I suppose I just haven't really seen many pictures of it in use with specific setups from 1996 onwards, so since I am typically more towards the Soviet-Afghan War era in gear, I don't really have a reason to have one.  I suppose any of the splav vests with large pouches, or any vest designed for rpk magazines would work well.

Dat magazine though...

Edited by Gunmane

That does not help dispel my recent re-interest in getting one of those. I remember using the Bizon all the time in every old shooter it was in, even if the situation did not warrant one. It's a shame that out the recent ones (S&T and the plastic fantastic acm one rebranded by E1), they forgot the front sling attachment.

I suppose I just haven't really seen many pictures of it in use with specific setups from 1996 onwards, so since I am typically more towards the Soviet-Afghan War era in gear, I don't really have a reason to have one. I suppose any of the splav vests with large pouches, or any vest designed for rpk magazines would work well.

Dat magazine though...

Four or more of those magazines on your chest is HUGE.

I use Tarzan M22 and NeVa vests or double rpk pouches with it.

Seriously 4 of those mags should be placed on the battle belt around your waist if you want to lie down properly. RPK Smersh would be perfect for that. Sad thing that only pictures I've seen Bizon in use have Tarzans in them.

Edited by wupaa

Managed to nab myself an AKS74U in the end.. with Fusion Engine already installed.. Next question for you guys is: Is there a good youtube video or other tutorial on how to properly wrap the stock with paracord? I see people with all these funky patterns and no idea how to do it! 

It was practically a drop in fit.

Although on the AKS74U there is a plastic block that the hopup mounts to, so youll have to take out the gearbox to get the plastic bloc out then remove the gearbox from the AKMS to fit the block in. Then you simply slide the barrel assembly in & there you go.

I assume the Dboys use the same construction as the Cyma. I have never owned a Dboys so I cant tell for sure if this works for those or not.

// Anton

They are supposed to be with the newer models for cyma, but it is still hit or miss I feel.

I have an "10 feet away" East German knockup that is made from trying to mash dboys/cyma/etc parts together.  It is quite unnatural, but it fitted together after removing a few bits and bobs.

Edited by Gunmane

Anyone was installing this http://www.bunnyworkshop.com.hk/airsoft/Asura-Dynamics-PT-1-Folding-Tactical-Stock-for-AEG-GBB ? Will this fit to the receiver with fixed stock mount or for the folder? I am currently looking for base for my tacticoolmfrakkinfsbalfaspecnaz ak 74, so it is essential to know that ;)

On the other hand did Asura finally released that fancy Zenith style pistol grip for AEG or is it still a GBBR only thing?