AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

On a side note, does anyone know how to fix AK mag wobble? My Beta-P mags wobble like a mofo in this AK.

it depends what type of body you ahve, if you have 4 screws in the magwell, find 2 dome headed screws (those from computer internal screws work well) and replace the front 2 screws (nearest the foregrip) with the dome headed screws and that will remove the mag wobble. if you don't have screws there, then.. some dense foam around the edge/front of the magwell to give it much better pressure against the mag catch?

Hope that helps ^_^

• Like 1

On a side note, does anyone know how to fix AK mag wobble? My Beta-P mags wobble like a mofo in this AK.

I'm pretty sure you can build up the area directly under the mag catch so the tang on the back of the mag will lock into the catch tightly. This should stop front to back wobble (my BP mag does the same thing, but I haven't tried to fix it as it doesn't feed worth a damn anyway). For side to side wobble I think you can build up the receiver walls inside the magwell (where the dimple is) so it's just slightly larger than the mag, but you run the risk of only being able to fit one type of mag into the magwell no matter what type of fitting you do.

Hopefully I'll be fitting a bunch of G&P mids to my RPK tomorrow (magwell is insanely loose on it), I'll let you know what works for me.

Get a T-1 on there! :D

Don't worry that's on the to-do list, once I figure out what silencer combo I want on there.

I'm pretty sure you can build up the area directly under the mag catch so the tang on the back of the mag will lock into the catch tightly. This should stop front to back wobble (my BP mag does the same thing, but I haven't tried to fix it as it doesn't feed worth a damn anyway). For side to side wobble I think you can build up the receiver walls inside the magwell (where the dimple is) so it's just slightly larger than the mag, but you run the risk of only being able to fit one type of mag into the magwell no matter what type of fitting you do.

Hopefully I'll be fitting a bunch of G&P mids to my RPK tomorrow (magwell is insanely loose on it), I'll let you know what works for me.

Thanks. Is the feeding the BP mag's problem or is it because it doesn't fit with the hopup well?

Don't worry that's on the to-do list, once I figure out what silencer combo I want on there.

Thanks. Is the feeding the BP mag's problem or is it because it doesn't fit with the hopup well?

I think mine might be the mag, I haven't been able to find a place where it will consistently feed.

ok, I fixed the mag wobble on my RPK. All I did was take a piece of brass shim stock (1"x2") and fold it in half to make a double-thick 1" square piece that won't fall apart. I gorilla glued it into the magwell. I found a nice little gap between the bottom corner of the receiver and the reinforcement plate, so I wedged it in there and folded it over so it's held tightly but still has a lot of contact with the sides of the mags. I don't think I'll need to mess with the mag catch at all, and if I need to make the magwell thinner I can just slip a piece of shim stock between the folded layers of the piece already in there.

RPK003.jpg

Went from wobble city to slightly looser than my real steel running modified polymer galil mags.

Edited by DFM56

Havent been so active in airsoft since the local arena closed down but i bought a Atoz dragunov för about 40€ wich i had to fix up and now runs perfectly.

Its plastic wood i did some work on so i looks more real untill i can afford real and also did some work on the metal to look more used and abused. Still needs a POSP.

Here is before:

IMG_5715.jpg

And after:

14.jpg

23.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

54.jpg

61.jpg

More here: http://grimnyberg.spotlife.se/category/vapen-och-utrustning/ (Swedish text)

• Like 1