renegadecow

AK & Variants Picture Thread

Cheers for the link, mate.

IIRC there was an american chap who modded an MPi grip for his AEG, he ended up cutting it in half and rebuilding the middle with JB weld or some other epoxy.

Really depends on the gun. Different brands have different fit tolerances. For instance I have an E&L and an LCT gun and they won't feed from the same mags. Annoying.

I mostly prefer G&P and Matrix/Cyma brand. MAG just don't seem to last very long before developing problems.

All my mags are cyma, 5.45, 7.62, bulgarian transparent 5.45... best mags I have ever used, rugged, cheap, reliable, 150rds, they even look and feel awesome, I will be ordering some of the new 7.62 magpul Pmags which are like 180rds, but I dont think they will be better than the cymas

Just my 2 cents 

• Like 1

Both G&P and Matrix/Cyma works with E&L ? 

I used to run some US palm mags with my old lct and i thought they were awesome, do they run with an E&L ? 

"new 7.62 magpul Pmags which are like 180rds" - Sound nice! Did not now they were coming out :) 

Questio, looking around Gunfire I saw these Force Core AKs which are said to be made by E&L, they look identical to my untrained eyes and even the pics of the internals are the same as E&L AKs. Asked Gunfire if there was any difference with E&Ls AKs but I received radio silence. Anybody knows anything about them? They look like a good base to re-recreate an old AK build I had some years ago and I miss lately

I believe that the Force Core AK's are rebranded budget E&L AK's. They are probably the same as the Meister Arms AEG's. Meister Arms is a name E&L uses for their cheaper AK's, which use the same externals as the normal versions, but they lack certain features such as a quick change spring, they have no high-torque motors, I thought they have some cheaper wiring and they don't have fance boxes (Oh my).

Edit: The QCS version obviously does come with a quick change spring, but the other ones don't

Edited by Hopna

Where are they Isamu !? :)

Thanks for the help guys, one more Q though, what would be the best solution if i would want to put a m4 stocktube on the e&l ak74 ?

Kitgun's ?

Hahahaha. Good luck.

As far as I know, there is no solution out there that does not require work to function. I ended up modding a real AK-100 one which involved several hours of work, a lathe, a drill press, a mill, and more.

• Like 1

I know i have seen folding stock adapters from Asura, Hephasteus and the kitgun one.

And now that one! One of em should work :)

Cant understand who nobody makes an akm, ak74 etc complete with the m4 buffer tube already :)

well, Cyma makes a pretty nice MagK I promptly butchered with an AKM front end for my FrankenAK DMR project =p So, if you want an LCT compatible body with the m4 tube already installed... you have it =D

Cant understand who nobody makes an akm, ak74 etc complete with the m4 buffer tube already :)

There's actually quite a few of them out there. Better looking ones are by E&L. And if you're looking GBB, both WE and GHK make tactical AKMs with AR stock adapters.

Edited by renegadecow

From experience, swapping out the whole front end would be easier than fitting the stock tube adapter.

Unfortunately, all of the buffer tube models I'm aware of are fixed (non-folding) models, which is dumb.

ak74_zpsq0je3tox.jpg

VFC AK74 with new midcap RPK magazine

Really crossing generations with all your mag choices!  I really wish I could use those Molot mags, sigh!  I waited so long for them and now I just don't need them anymore.

Really crossing generations with all your mag choices!  I really wish I could use those Molot mags, sigh!  I waited so long for them and now I just don't need them anymore.

There's always room for at least 1 AK in any collection :)

• Like 1

My recent project. Still WIP as some RS bits i have laying around but not had time to work on.

But its based on a GHK AKM and project goal is to replace all parts with "real steel" battle field pick up parts, that i am allowed by law.

So everything will be replaced but receiver, bolt and barrel. As by law.

Real parts kitlist for the moment:

- Romy AIMS locking lever folding stock

- Romy wood buttstock (alternative to switch to)
- Romy leather sling
- Romy Pistolgrip
- Romy Dustcover (Never see anyone pull this off before)

- Romy safety lever
- Romy Complete rear sight and block
- US made Cheese grater handguard w gastube (Super rare theese days)

- Romy gastube

- Romy Upper HG
- Romy Lower HG "Donkey dong"

- Romy Lower HG retrainer
- Romy Cleaning rod
- Romy slantbrake

aimsuzz2.jpg

AIMSUz_Z.jpg

Alt mode bits on (as we Transformers collectors call it :P ) (The metal upper "Cheese grater is most of the time on the folding stock "mode" tho.

11896076-10154252272584546-1341223632562

Finally got in on the AK party, stumped up for a TM AKS74U. Only fielded her once but pretty happy, then got a team mate to get the rattle cans out. Was very much in two minds about putting the stencil on each mag (both sides) but I'm happy with how its come out, probably a bit marmite for some.

G2ywDSL.jpg

1X9GtdP.jpg

• Like 1