renegadecow

AK & Variants Picture Thread

Personally speaking (though tbh this an objective observation!) - there shouldn't be any black on the mags at all. Consider varnish or lacquer, the orange bakelite mags are really shiny - plum not so much! 

Not criticising your skills though :)   - I tried doing it myself, made a pigs ear of it, gave up and ended up buying a bunch of real ones which I've yet to actually convert!!! 

Edited by Skarclaw

My work in the magazines is not perfect at all, for example in the last picture you can see two clear circular spots, that because I touch them before the bitumen was dry. There is a lot of room for improvement as you say Skarclaw. Btw, I didn't know that RS mags can be used with the GHK internal, do you recommend any guide or video on how to do it?

My work in the magazines is not perfect at all, for example in the last picture you can see two clear circular spots, that because I touch them before the bitumen was dry. There is a lot of room for improvement as you say Skarclaw. Btw, I didn't know that RS mags can be used with the GHK internal, do you recommend any guide or video on how to do it?

No idea - mine are for an AEG. Cheers! 

I've tried many slings on the AK, (not including the super expensive Vickers one, that might be an exception) and found that really the issued Soviet 2-point really does work best for me.

@Rainer1989 - you're probably aware of this, but you can mount the light INSIDE the Zenit foregrip (or vice versa, I suppose) if you want to move it up/lose a little weight/bulk.

you're probably aware of this, but you can mount the light INSIDE the Zenit foregrip (or vice versa, I suppose) if you want to move it up/lose a little weight/bulk.

Doesn't apply well as a light. Not only does it eat hand space on the rail (if foregrip is retained), the klesh is mounted low and if you put it all the way back on a full sized rifle it will cast a rather distracting shadow of the barrel as well as light it up which gives other shooters an orientation where to shoot at relative to the light source.

Doesn't apply well as a light. Not only does it eat hand space on the rail (if foregrip is retained), the klesh is mounted low and if you put it all the way back on a full sized rifle it will cast a rather distracting shadow of the barrel as well as light it up which gives other shooters an orientation where to shoot at relative to the light source.

You actually _can't_ put it all the way back (or back at all) because of the gooseneck on the B-9M. Here's a repost of my own rifle for reference. I have long arms, so having the foregrip all the way up their is great for me. I understand it may be less great for others.

AKsSideBySide.JPG

Edited by sigma3

You actually _can't_ put it all the way back (or back at all) because of the gooseneck on the B-9M.

??? Of course you can't mount the gooseneck further back. My reply is to when you said to mount the light (2P Klesh) itself back which would mean ditching the extension.

Edit:

Or you meant integrating the extension to the foregrip?

Edited by renegadecow

20161017-190518.jpg

KWA ERG AK with OKP-7 (My plan, a big gamble, is after getting the ERG, I will strip its internals, and through a really hardcore transplant surgery, put it into a E&L body...)

Mafioso x WE Full steel Makarov PMM. 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 3

KWA ERG AK with OKP-7 (My plan, a big gamble, is after getting the ERG, I will strip its internals, and through a really hardcore transplant surgery, put it into a E&L body...)

Mafioso x WE Full steel Makarov PMM. 

Love that Makarov... you and your steel guns blobby ... :   )

There's enough clearance in front of the lens to superglue a custom lens protector to the shielding frame, or just in front of the lens holder

OKP7_ObjectiveThickness.jpg

It might ruin the aesthetics somewhat, but I wouldn't risk a real optic to be damaged by a bb

Edited by Dimitri MdP