AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

If I remember correctly Guarder produced the first metal AK kits for thr TM AK47. They had a few different models and the early models had a slope to the back of the receiver which was wrong. The OEM for Guarder was Inokatsu who decided to start selling the kits direct. They also never sold the wrong sloping back receiver model. They also used to do the best promo photos if anyone can remember :)

LCT came along and was a copy of the Inokatsu kits but at a much cheaper price. Throw into the mix VFC, G&G, Unicorn and a few others and it starts to get confusing. The markings on the fire selector on the Inokatsu and the LCT are very similar and the only way to tell is the serial number on the left hand side of the receiver. In the picture below is a LCT at the top, a Inokatsu in the middle and the bottom is the rare VFC AIMS with correct markings.

markings_zps0twgj9fo.jpg

I really should get around to doing a post on which one is which so that people can tell what they have or just bought second hand.

• Like 4

After a delayed shipment and an even longer spell in UK customs I finally got my hands on a Celcius AKM (3 months from paying to receiving). I've no idea how it fires yet as I need to fit the etiny electrics and motor and bore out the stock to take the battery.

Oh please do tell as soon as possible pretty please

• Like 1

I'll do a full review shortly but initial impressions are good. I stuck in a set of etiny electrics and a etiny motor and it works well. It's an interesting design with lots of little nice touches and features.

Only snag with mine at the moment is the cut off lever doesn't want to behave. I've bypassed it for the time being until I have a better look at it.

Pro's include:

very short trigger pull

very fast cycle when pulling the trigger

magazine cuts off the electrics when empty and you need to cock the weapon after fitting a new magazine to be able to fire (like the real thing)

takes etiny electrics designed for the CTW M4

you can use any PTW motor

pistol grip is nice and slim like the real thing (you can't use a RS one)

spring changes take about 2 minutes

will take real furniture without modification

Con's

magazine cut off seems a bit flimsy.

overall a nice 9 out of 10

• Like 2

After a delayed shipment and an even longer spell in UK customs I finally got my hands on a Celcius AKM (3 months from paying to receiving). I've no idea how it fires yet as I need to fit the etiny electrics and motor and bore out the stock to take the battery.

Is it true that a real stock is a drop in fit without any modifications?